<?xml version="1.0"?>
<rss version="2.0"><channel><title>Radxa Rock Pi E Latest Topics</title><link>https://testforum.armbian.com/forum/247-radxa-rock-pi-e/</link><description>Radxa Rock Pi E Latest Topics</description><language>en</language><item><title>Links to rockpie images invalid</title><link>https://testforum.armbian.com/topic/57492-links-to-rockpie-images-invalid/</link><description><![CDATA[<p>
	Hi
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	Wanted to try this Debian rolling release with Linux v6.18 from <a href="https://www.armbian.com/rockpie/" rel="external nofollow">https://www.armbian.com/rockpie/</a> page, but both links there
</p>

<p>
	<a href="https://dl.armbian.com/nightly/rockpi-e/Forky_current_minimal" rel="external nofollow">https://dl.armbian.com/nightly/rockpi-e/Forky_current_minimal</a><br />
	<a href="https://dl.armbian.com/nightly/rockpi-e/Plucky_current_minimal" rel="external nofollow">https://dl.armbian.com/nightly/rockpi-e/Plucky_current_minimal</a>
</p>

<p>
	lead to a 404 page on github.com.
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	Thanks,
</p>

<p>
	Chris
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>
]]></description><guid isPermaLink="false">57492</guid><pubDate>Mon, 19 Jan 2026 20:53:26 +0000</pubDate></item><item><title>RockPi E doesn't work with kernel 6.12</title><link>https://testforum.armbian.com/topic/50489-rockpi-e-doesnt-work-with-kernel-612/</link><description><![CDATA[<p>
	Hi.
</p>

<p>
	I have RockPi E v1.21 and I found, that I'm not able to boot image with new kernel 6.12 (tried minimal images 25.2.1 and 24.11.1, USBImager and Balena Etcher, 3 SD cards, different power supplies). With image 24.8.3 it boots normally.<br />
	Also I found, that after upgrading 24.8.3 to kernel 6.12 the RockPi boots, but Ethernet doesn't work (even LEDs are dead).<br />
	Another thing which I notice is, that I didn't find any option to disable kernel upgrades, but what I googled, it should be present in armbian-config-&gt;system-&gt;kernel-&gt;Y203. But this Y203 option is missing.
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	Here is successful boot log of 24.8.3: <a href="https://paste.armbian.com/ixuvimofis.sql" rel="external nofollow">https://paste.armbian.com/ixuvimofis.sql</a><br />
	here is boot log of 24.8.3 upgraded to 6.12: <a href="https://paste.armbian.com/ahezanixol.sql" rel="external nofollow">https://paste.armbian.com/ahezanixol.sql</a>
</p>

<p>
	Here is failing boot of 25.2.1:  <a href="https://paste.armbian.com/onuhumomob.yaml" rel="external nofollow">https://paste.armbian.com/onuhumomob.yaml</a>
</p>

<p>
	<br />
	P.S. on the successful boot of 24.8.3 I didn't have ETH cable connected, that's why there is Network connection timeout!, but it works fine after connecting.<br />
	What's weird, that both 24.8.3 boots says on the beginning Net: Could not get PHY for ethernet@ff540000: addr -1 No ethernet found.<br />
	But I assume that's problem only of u-boot, because it's before kernel boot.
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	Thanks!
</p>
]]></description><guid isPermaLink="false">50489</guid><pubDate>Fri, 14 Mar 2025 15:56:47 +0000</pubDate></item><item><title>Problems to drive the GPIOs</title><link>https://testforum.armbian.com/topic/47932-problems-to-drive-the-gpios/</link><description><![CDATA[<p>
	Hello, I'm using a rock pi e  ver 3.0 with armbian 24.8.3: I would like to drive the state of a <abbr title="General purpose input/output"><abbr title="General purpose input/output">gpio</abbr></abbr>, that of pin 7 or <abbr title="General purpose input/output"><abbr title="General purpose input/output">gpio</abbr></abbr> 100: I'm not an expert and I tried to use the GPIOD libraries for python but I couldn't do anything because I get errors; from the command line through the gpiodetect command it seems to me that the chipset is recognized and I see some lines and the status of the gpios but I cannot change the status of these. Am I going in the right direction? Are there other methods to drive these GPIOs? Thank you in advance.
</p>
]]></description><guid isPermaLink="false">47932</guid><pubDate>Fri, 06 Dec 2024 09:11:35 +0000</pubDate></item><item><title>OrangePi 3b RK3566 Help with name of pins</title><link>https://testforum.armbian.com/topic/47715-orangepi-3b-rk3566-help-with-name-of-pins/</link><description><![CDATA[<p>
	hello!
</p>

<p>
	Can help me about orange 3b,
</p>

<p>
	I want to adapt one <abbr title="Device tree source">dts</abbr> file to my board,
</p>

<p>
	how to correctly indicate the names of the pins, the example gives the following sample entry: <a href="https://mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/display/panel/sitronix,st7701.txt" rel="external nofollow">https://mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/display/panel/sitronix,st7701.txt</a>
</p>

<pre class="ipsCode prettyprint lang-html prettyprinted"><span class="pln">reset-gpios = &lt;&amp;pio 3 24 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH&gt;; /* LCD-RST: PD24 */</span></pre>

<p>
	how to correctly fix this for my board?
</p>
]]></description><guid isPermaLink="false">47715</guid><pubDate>Thu, 28 Nov 2024 09:32:45 +0000</pubDate></item><item><title>rock pi e, getting second NIC to work</title><link>https://testforum.armbian.com/topic/25159-rock-pi-e-getting-second-nic-to-work/</link><description><![CDATA[<p>
	Hi,
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	I am struggling to get the second NIC (1Gbit) to wo<abbr title="Rockchip">rk</abbr>. The wireless and first NIC (100Mbit)  wo<abbr title="Rockchip">rk</abbr>s
</p>

<p>
	All NIC's connected
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	I am using Armbian 22.11.0-trunk Bullseye
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	root@rockpi-e:~# ifconfig -a<br />
	eth0: flags=4098&lt;BROADCAST,MULTICAST&gt;  mtu 1500<br />
	        ether 9a:9c:84:a1:77:63  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)<br />
	        RX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)<br />
	        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0<br />
	        TX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)<br />
	        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0<br />
	        device interrupt 41
</p>

<p>
	eth1: flags=4163&lt;UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST&gt;  mtu 1500<br />
	        inet 10.150.1.153  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 10.150.1.255<br />
	        ether 9a:9c:84:a1:77:83  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)<br />
	        RX packets 511  bytes 40303 (39.3 KiB)<br />
	        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0<br />
	        TX packets 154  bytes 14296 (13.9 KiB)<br />
	        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0<br />
	        device interrupt 42
</p>

<p>
	lo: flags=73&lt;UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING&gt;  mtu 65536<br />
	        inet 127.0.0.1  netmask 255.0.0.0<br />
	        inet6 ::1  prefixlen 128  scopeid 0x10&lt;host&gt;<br />
	        loop  txqueuelen 1000  (Local Loopback)<br />
	        RX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)<br />
	        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0<br />
	        TX packets 0  bytes 0 (0.0 B)<br />
	        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0
</p>

<p>
	wlx60fb004c1ad0: flags=4163&lt;UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST&gt;  mtu 1500<br />
	        inet 192.168.86.37  netmask 255.255.255.0  broadcast 192.168.86.255<br />
	        inet6 fe80::87c1:1dc5:ab7:6e70  prefixlen 64  scopeid 0x20&lt;link&gt;<br />
	        ether 60:fb:00:4c:1a:d0  txqueuelen 1000  (Ethernet)<br />
	        RX packets 4101  bytes 919466 (897.9 KiB)<br />
	        RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0<br />
	        TX packets 747  bytes 336966 (329.0 KiB)<br />
	        TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0
</p>

<p>
	root@rockpi-e:~#
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	root@rockpi-e:~# nmcli connection show<br />
	NAME                UUID                                  TYPE      DEVICE<br />
	Wired connection 2  2824d9e9-002b-3206-a9e3-56101ea54125  ethernet  eth1<br />
	mesh                0f22274b-554b-47b6-899e-2ae5e1ec9e1a  wifi      wlx60fb004c1ad0<br />
	Armbian ethernet    f8b4ca43-7e6f-464a-ab38-9c8744b0dc16  ethernet  --<br />
	Wired connection 1  c7d498a6-cbdd-3daa-b1fe-c71c23dc7e70  ethernet  --<br />
	root@rockpi-e:~#
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	root@rockpi-e:~#<br />
	root@rockpi-e:~# nmcli connection up c7d498a6-cbdd-3daa-b1fe-c71c23dc7e70<br />
	Error: Connection activation failed: The device could not be readied for configuration<br />
	Hint: use 'journalctl -xe NM_CONNECTION=c7d498a6-cbdd-3daa-b1fe-c71c23dc7e70 + NM_DEVICE=eth0' to get more details.<br />
	root@rockpi-e:~#
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	root@rockpi-e:~# journalctl -xe NM_CONNECTION=c7d498a6-cbdd-3daa-b1fe-c71c23dc7e70 + NM_DEVICE=eth0<br />
	Journal file /var/log/journal/f5dd17308a32431b9d72c3f4257db559/system@488569ec21fd40be8b54f2a0c0f5271d-0000000000000001-0005ec5fc6f64b22.journal is truncated, ignoring file.<br />
	Dec 21 17:36:07 rockpi-e Netwo<abbr title="Rockchip">rk</abbr>Manager[622]: &lt;info&gt;  [1671640567.3994] device (eth0): state change: disconnected -&gt; prepare (reason 'none', sys-iface-state: 'managed')<br />
	Dec 21 17:36:07 rockpi-e Netwo<abbr title="Rockchip">rk</abbr>Manager[622]: &lt;info&gt;  [1671640567.4061] device (eth0): state change: prepare -&gt; config (reason 'none', sys-iface-state: 'managed')<br />
	Dec 21 17:36:07 rockpi-e Netwo<abbr title="Rockchip">rk</abbr>Manager[622]: &lt;info&gt;  [1671640567.4106] device (eth0): state change: config -&gt; failed (reason 'config-failed', sys-iface-state: 'managed')<br />
	Dec 21 17:36:07 rockpi-e Netwo<abbr title="Rockchip">rk</abbr>Manager[622]: &lt;warn&gt;  [1671640567.4252] device (eth0): Activation: failed for connection 'Wired connection 1'
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	dmesg show:
</p>

<p>
	[ 1519.182778] <abbr title="Rockchip">rk</abbr>_gmac-dwmac ff540000.ethernet eth0: stmmac_open: Cannot attach to PHY (error: -19)<br />
	[ 1540.887807] <abbr title="Rockchip">rk</abbr>_gmac-dwmac ff540000.ethernet eth0: no phy at addr -1<br />
	[ 1540.887850] <abbr title="Rockchip">rk</abbr>_gmac-dwmac ff540000.ethernet eth0: stmmac_open: Cannot attach to PHY (error: -19)
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	Anyone know how to solve it?
</p>
]]></description><guid isPermaLink="false">25159</guid><pubDate>Wed, 21 Dec 2022 16:45:29 +0000</pubDate></item><item><title>RockPi E reboot hangs</title><link>https://testforum.armbian.com/topic/45447-rockpi-e-reboot-hangs/</link><description><![CDATA[<p>
	Hey guys,
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	we are facing an issue we can not resolve ourselves so we are looking for some help on here... Our Rock Pi E does not restart successfully occasionally.
</p>

<p>
	Running the Rock Pi E with latest official Armbian with a USB soundcard attached. We are capturing audio and distribute the captured audio via "(c)VLC" via network. Since a few months we are facing reboot issues which are persistent but not easily reproducible. Whenever we reboot manually, everything works fine. When rebooting via cron it does often not reboot and get into a freeze state which makes it impossible to connect via SSH nor serial-adapter.
</p>

<p>
	We already tried switching the power source (suspecting a lack of power), adding a powered USB hub in-between and renewing the USB soundcard to eliminate any defects. We also switched SD card and now even switched to <abbr title="embedded MultiMediaCard"><abbr title="embedded MultiMediaCard">eMMC</abbr></abbr> completely.
</p>

<p>
	Also we had in mind that this could be a heat issue, so we installed heatsinks and even a little fan.
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	I am not 100% sure if this is the only issue since we had some hickups with cvlc, too, which stopped audio streaming suddenly when running for a long time. We had the setup untouched running for a few months, then it started to crash every other week, then like every other day. This is when we came up with a daily reboot to gain some time inspecting what the issue could be.
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	armbian -u: <a href="https://paste.armbian.com/umekijamum" rel="external nofollow">https://paste.armbian.com/umekijamum</a>
</p>

<p>
	Output on serial right before it freezes: <a href="https://paste.armbian.com/sicesorulu.sql" rel="external nofollow">https://paste.armbian.com/sicesorulu.sql</a>
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	Any ideas?
</p>

<p>
	Is there a way to detect any RAM faults or faults in the underlying Armbian/Kernel  that occured on some unintended reset/power failure?
</p>

<p>
	We did not re-install Armbian yet since this is quite a bit work to get it all done again.
</p>
]]></description><guid isPermaLink="false">45447</guid><pubDate>Mon, 23 Sep 2024 19:45:13 +0000</pubDate></item><item><title>RockPi-E enabling UART1 and OTG using custom DT overlays</title><link>https://testforum.armbian.com/topic/16100-rockpi-e-enabling-uart1-and-otg-using-custom-dt-overlays/</link><description><![CDATA[<p>
	I wanted to share 2 custom overlays I've created and tested for the RockPi E to enable UART1 and OTG via the <abbr title="General purpose input/output">GPIO</abbr>.
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	Create file rockchip-uart1.<abbr title="Device tree source">dts</abbr>
</p>

<pre class="ipsCode prettyprint lang-html prettyprinted">
<span class="pln">/dts-v1/;
/ {
	compatible = "rockchip,rk3328";
	fragment@0 {
		target-path = "/serial@ff120000";
		__overlay__ {
			pinctrl-0 = &lt; 0x23 &gt;;
			status = "okay";
		};
	};
};</span></pre>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	Create file rockchip-otg.<abbr title="Device tree source">dts</abbr>
</p>

<pre class="ipsCode prettyprint lang-html prettyprinted">
<span class="pln">/dts-v1/;
/ {
	compatible = "rockchip,rk3328";
	fragment@0 {
		target-path = "/usb@ff580000";
		__overlay__ {
			dr_mode = "otg";			
		};
	};
};</span></pre>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	Install and enable overlays:<br />
	sudo armbian-add-overlay rockchip-uart1.<abbr title="Device tree source">dts</abbr><br />
	sudo armbian-add-overlay rockchip-otg.<abbr title="Device tree source">dts</abbr>
</p>
]]></description><guid isPermaLink="false">16100</guid><pubDate>Tue, 24 Nov 2020 19:55:03 +0000</pubDate></item><item><title>Armbian Image for Kernel 4.4</title><link>https://testforum.armbian.com/topic/33970-armbian-image-for-kernel-44/</link><description><![CDATA[<p>
	Hi Team,
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	I want to build or get pre-built armbian image for kernel 4.4 with wifi : rtl8723as enabled.
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	Please help or provide any suggestion to build armbian image for rockpi-e.
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	Any help or suggestion will be appriciated.
</p>
]]></description><guid isPermaLink="false">33970</guid><pubDate>Thu, 08 Feb 2024 14:52:21 +0000</pubDate></item><item><title>Facing issues to bring up RTL8723AS wifi module with rk3328 soc</title><link>https://testforum.armbian.com/topic/33958-facing-issues-to-bring-up-rtl8723as-wifi-module-with-rk3328-soc/</link><description><![CDATA[<p>
	I have been working on rk3328 (kernel 6.1) based board recently and have been trying to bringup wifi RTL8723AS module using rockpi-e image. As there is no direct support available for this module I have tried to cloning it from github and building it but it gives compilation errors. 
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	Hence I referred to drivers available in the kernel and found one for the module similar to that of my module (RTL8723BS), cross verified through user manual and datasheets and build it using armbian. 
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	The driver gets built properly and even initializes upon powerup but it isn't getting into probe. The wifi is interfaced through SDIO to the board. Any idea what might be wrong?
</p>
]]></description><guid isPermaLink="false">33958</guid><pubDate>Thu, 08 Feb 2024 10:22:18 +0000</pubDate></item><item><title>[Invalid] - RockPi-E reboot hangs</title><link>https://testforum.armbian.com/topic/17177-invalid-rockpi-e-reboot-hangs/</link><description><![CDATA[<p>
	My new RockPi-E works well except for a reboot. Have to power it off/on to recover. Is it a known problem? Any solution/workaround?
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	Thanks for your time
</p>

<p>
	Chris
</p>
]]></description><guid isPermaLink="false">17177</guid><pubDate>Tue, 02 Mar 2021 23:59:22 +0000</pubDate></item><item><title>[Invalid] - RockPi-E second UART</title><link>https://testforum.armbian.com/topic/17031-invalid-rockpi-e-second-uart/</link><description><![CDATA[<p>
	Hi
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	I would like to use the UART on physical pins 3 and 5 (<a href="https://wiki.radxa.com/RockpiE/hardware/gpio" rel="external nofollow">https://wiki.radxa.com/RockpiE/hardware/<abbr title="General purpose input/output">gpio</abbr>) </a>
</p>

<p>
	<span><span> </span>Does anybody know how to activate it? There is an overlay </span>uart4 but it doesn't do what I expected it to do <span>:-)</span><span> </span>
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	<span>Thanks</span>
</p>

<p>
	<span>Chris</span>
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>
]]></description><guid isPermaLink="false">17031</guid><pubDate>Sat, 13 Feb 2021 20:04:00 +0000</pubDate></item><item><title>rockpi-e+wlan5ap 20.08.2 vlan</title><link>https://testforum.armbian.com/topic/15125-rockpi-ewlan5ap-20082-vlan/</link><description><![CDATA[<p>
	Good day, Dear! How to untag vlan_x to eth0 interface and untag vlan_y it to eth1 and wlan0 and enable igmp v2 support for iptv?
</p>

<p>
	Access Point created with armbian-config. 
</p>

<p>
	Thank.
</p>
]]></description><guid isPermaLink="false">15125</guid><pubDate>Sun, 06 Sep 2020 03:06:42 +0000</pubDate></item></channel></rss>
