<?xml version="1.0"?>
<rss version="2.0"><channel><title>Inovato Quadra Latest Topics</title><link>https://testforum.armbian.com/forum/266-inovato-quadra/</link><description>Inovato Quadra Latest Topics</description><language>en</language><item><title>h264 encoding on H6 (orange pi one plus)</title><link>https://testforum.armbian.com/topic/52029-h264-encoding-on-h6-orange-pi-one-plus/</link><description><![CDATA[<p>
	I have one on a shelf and want to use it for h265-&gt;h264 transcoding. http://www.orangepi.org/html/hardWare/computerAndMicrocontrollers/details/Orange-Pi-One-Plus.html says it can.
</p>

<p>
	H6 Quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex™-A53
</p>

<p>
	Decoding: H265/HEVC Main/Main10 profile@Level5.2 High-tier ;4K@60fps, up to 6Kx4K@30fps
</p>

<p>
	Encoding: H.264 BP/MP/HP encoder up to 4K@25fps or 1080p@60fps
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	Googling finds some old branches of ffmpeg and kernel for H3.
</p>

<p>
	Current armbian 25.2.3 comes with 6.12.20-current-sunxi64 which has:
</p>

<p>
	sunxi_cedrus
</p>

<p>
	v4l2_mem2mem          <br />
	videobuf2_dma_contig  <br />
	videobuf2_v4l2        <br />
	videodev              <br />
	videobuf2_common      <br />
	mc                    <br />
	so the kernel seems to be aware of my specific chip (hence sunxi_cedrus) and modern Kodi seems to support decoding but nothing about encoding.
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	Is that it, encoding is just not supported and my Pi is only good as a player?
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	ps. sadly there is no One Plus specific forum and no common Sunxi forum and for some reason I must choose one of the boards and hence Quadra which seems using H6.
</p>
]]></description><guid isPermaLink="false">52029</guid><pubDate>Tue, 20 May 2025 06:54:39 +0000</pubDate></item><item><title>None of the images available in the repo work</title><link>https://testforum.armbian.com/topic/50949-none-of-the-images-available-in-the-repo-work/</link><description><![CDATA[<p>
	I wanted to try anything other than the original image that the device came with.
</p>

<p>
	I was more interested in the Kali port but after trying for a few hours with pretty much all the images available here I had to revert to the original one.
</p>

<p>
	So I was wondering if anyone here ever tried these images or could give me some hint on what is wrong with it ?
</p>

<p>
	Basically just getting a red led with no display when trying all the images.
</p>

<p>
	I know the original image had a some sort of special boot process where the initial startup would take some time but I know nothing else about armbian at this point.
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	My goal was to start doing some test with kali liking the formfactor of this device.
</p>

<p>
	 
</p>

<p>
	Any help appreciated:)
</p>
]]></description><guid isPermaLink="false">50949</guid><pubDate>Sun, 06 Apr 2025 17:34:03 +0000</pubDate></item></channel></rss>
