Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Orange Pi Win Plus supplied with 1.42Amps PSU.

Featured Replies

Ordered Orange Pi Win Plus from official Orange Pi store, it came with bundled PSU.

 

I always get different errors when latest (by post date) linux Armbian starts and sometimes it starts correctly.

 

I read this forum carefully and found out this is shitty PSU symptoms, so I took 20 Amps ampermeter and short-circuit PSU through it for 2 seconds, display stopped counting at 1.42 Amps. It is below specs where literally 2 Amps is required!

 

Besides this I measured voltage and current near board PSU outlet, I got max current it eats through boot process is 0.54 Amps and voltage falls max to 5.32 Volts. Seems like PSU must fit this board but I still get that low power issues. Physics laws are wrong or what?)

 

Someone maybe can tell me voltage should not be lower than X so board will work good. X = ?

 

My multimeter looks like this:

https://i.ibb.co/h8JJ5j6/Digital-Multimeter-VC9808-with-Frequency-Capacitance-Temperature.jpg

Edited by sumtingwong

  • Author

Problem solved. Ordered 8A/5V PSU from Ali-Express (revealed to be 6A) and all works fine.

 

Oh that Chinese tech people. They can forge single-plate computer but can not forge adequate PSU.

  • Author
On 5/12/2019 at 7:44 PM, Igor said:


Please supply armbianmonitor -u logs

 

Dear Igor, I am so sorry for my noobism.

 

After 2 successful boots of my board with new PSU random boot errors started occurring again. Seems like I hit that successful boots and assumed new PSU was the source of success.

 

Wrote latest server version of Armbian to my SD card and run the armbianmonitor -U after first successful boot without errors occurred.

 

Please see attachment for log.

armbianmonitor_log.txt

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.