Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wifi is very slow and lagging

Featured Replies

Hi All!

 

I had the same problem with several different kind of wifi SoC-s on an R1 board, with different operating systems: wifi is slow and unreliable in AP mode. Both with integrated RTL8192CU, an external RTL8192EU, RT3570 and RT5370, various Atheros chipset based dongles - all of them is very slow. I had no any problem on single-eth BananaPi board, but i got less than 2mbit up/download speed on a 30mbit+ network...

 

I tried several OpenWrt versions (official 1,2,3 and latest trunk), now i tested Igor's ubuntu with the same result: slow and lagging

 

Do You have same experience? Or is it working fast? Any idea?

 

Best regards,

Peter

Hi All!

 

I had the same problem with several different kind of wifi SoC-s on an R1 board, with different operating systems: wifi is slow and unreliable in AP mode. Both with integrated RTL8192CU, an external RTL8192EU, RT3570 and RT5370, various Atheros chipset based dongles - all of them is very slow. I had no any problem on single-eth BananaPi board, but i got less than 2mbit up/download speed on a 30mbit+ network...

 

I tried several OpenWrt versions (official 1,2,3 and latest trunk), now i tested Igor's ubuntu with the same result: slow and lagging

 

Do You have same experience? Or is it working fast? Any idea?

 

Best regards,

Peter

Hi,

 

I have the same problem. If you have connected only one client, everything works lets say fine. But when you connect more clients, some of them are far, wifi totally hangs and is unusable. Tested OpenWRT too, kernel 3 and 4. Every system behave little bit different, but result is the same.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.