Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pulseaudio not working well with HDMI (jessie 5.05, orangepi h3)

Featured Replies

Hello, I am runnign armbian 5.05 jessie server on an OrangePi One.

I wish to test network audio streams so I installed pulseaudio to do some tests.

 

As long as ALSA works fine with HDMI output, I thought that pulseaudio would work the same, but I was wrong.

 

The basic pulseaudio installation (apt-get install pulseaudio) turned to be a non effective way to obtain pulseaudio support.

Actually this is strange because if I set the default pulseaudio sink to analog audio, it works fine (I get no sound but just because the Opi One has no analog connector).

 

When I set the default sink to hdmi audio, I get indiscernible short discharges instead of music and pulseaudio continously laments buffer underruns. This is the log of pulseaudio while trying to produce some output:

I: [alsa-sink-SUNXI-HDMIAUDIO sndhdmi-0] alsa-sink.c: Starting playback.
I: [pulseaudio] sink-input.c: Created input 1 "libao[ogg123] playback stream" on alsa_output.platform-sndhdmi.analog-stereo with sample spec s16le 2ch 44100Hz and channel map front-left,front-right
I: [pulseaudio] sink-input.c:     media.name = "libao[ogg123] playback stream"
I: [pulseaudio] sink-input.c:     application.name = "libao[ogg123]"
I: [pulseaudio] sink-input.c:     native-protocol.peer = "UNIX socket client"
I: [pulseaudio] sink-input.c:     native-protocol.version = "29"
I: [pulseaudio] sink-input.c:     application.process.id = "5921"
I: [pulseaudio] sink-input.c:     application.process.user = "paolo"
I: [pulseaudio] sink-input.c:     application.process.host = "orangepione"
I: [pulseaudio] sink-input.c:     application.process.binary = "ogg123"
I: [pulseaudio] sink-input.c:     application.language = "C"
I: [pulseaudio] sink-input.c:     application.process.machine_id = "89107ace91b54204bd18fe15ddd2684c"
I: [pulseaudio] sink-input.c:     application.process.session_id = "3"
I: [pulseaudio] sink-input.c:     module-stream-restore.id = "sink-input-by-application-name:libao[ogg123]"
I: [pulseaudio] protocol-native.c: Requested tlength=250.00 ms, minreq=20.00 ms
I: [pulseaudio] protocol-native.c: Final latency 250.01 ms = 105.01 ms + 2*20.00 ms + 105.00 ms
I: [alsa-sink-SUNXI-HDMIAUDIO sndhdmi-0] alsa-sink.c: Underrun!
I: [alsa-sink-SUNXI-HDMIAUDIO sndhdmi-0] alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 30.00 ms

I: [alsa-sink-SUNXI-HDMIAUDIO sndhdmi-0] alsa-sink.c: Underrun!
I: [alsa-sink-SUNXI-HDMIAUDIO sndhdmi-0] alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 40.00 ms
I: [alsa-sink-SUNXI-HDMIAUDIO sndhdmi-0] alsa-sink.c: Underrun!
I: [alsa-sink-SUNXI-HDMIAUDIO sndhdmi-0] alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 50.00 ms
I: [alsa-sink-SUNXI-HDMIAUDIO sndhdmi-0] alsa-sink.c: Underrun!
I: [alsa-sink-SUNXI-HDMIAUDIO sndhdmi-0] alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 60.00 ms
I: [alsa-sink-SUNXI-HDMIAUDIO sndhdmi-0] alsa-sink.c: Underrun!
I: [alsa-sink-SUNXI-HDMIAUDIO sndhdmi-0] alsa-sink.c: Increasing wakeup watermark to 70.00 ms
I: [pulseaudio] sink-input.c: Freeing input 1 "libao[ogg123] playback stream"

Still, if I uninstall pulseaudio completely, ALSA works perfectly with both analog or HDMI sound

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.