Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Automating armbian-config

Featured Replies

Hello,

 

I'm setting up my Odroids with Ansible and managed to automated almost everything. I just got a HC1 and read on the download page that I should load optimized board configuration in armbian-config. Sadly, armbian-config seems to be an interactive only tool. Are there ways to automate armbian-config? The easiest way would be command line arguments.

 

I also tried to understand what the DTB menu options actually do from the source code but was unsuccessful.

 

My best idea now is to use expect, but that doesn't seem stable:

#!/usr/bin/expect

set timeout 10
spawn armbian-config

sleep 5
# Enter System menu
send "\n"
sleep 5
# Enter DTB menu
send "d\n"
sleep 5
# Choose HC1 option
send "h\n"
sleep 5
# Cancel reboot
send "c"

Am I overlooking something? Any other ideas?

 

Thanks and kind regards.

43 minutes ago, stareintheair said:

Sadly, armbian-config seems to be an interactive only tool.


I would like to see all the needed feature implemented, but if I am pretty much alone doing this ... it will take months - years. Start changing the script towards this goal ... I am sure someone else also wants to have this feature, I will help as much as possible.

 

For example, our build script reads and handles parameters:

https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/compile.sh#L60

17 hours ago, stareintheair said:

I'm setting up my Odroids with Ansible and managed to automated almost everything. I just got a HC1 and read on the download page that I should load optimized board configuration in armbian-config. Sadly, armbian-config seems to be an interactive only tool. Are there ways to automate armbian-config? The easiest way would be command line arguments.


Ansible is the magic word...

What steps specifically do you need to automate?   ....to your point armbian config won't help...

the device tree overlay step is updating /boot/armbianEnv.txt   so lineinfile is  your friend for that.  Here's a few more breadcrumbs for armbianEnv.txt https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Allwinner_overlays/#armbianenvtxt-entries-reference

On 7/8/2019 at 4:00 AM, lanefu said:

What steps specifically do you need to automate?

Dear lanefu, I am in the same boat. Would also like to fully automate the setup of my Odroid devices.
Also I am not capable of programming to make armbian-config scriptable.


Any progress on figuring out what System->DTB actually does, so that we can Ansiblify that step?
 

Best,

 

-jsl

On 9/29/2019 at 8:49 AM, jsilence said:

Dear lanefu, I am in the same boat. Would also like to fully automate the setup of my Odroid devices.
Also I am not capable of programming to make armbian-config scriptable.


Any progress on figuring out what System->DTB actually does, so that we can Ansiblify that step?
 

Best,

 

-jsl


it literally modifies the file /boot/armbianEnv.txt and add and removes items to overlay=

 

Spoiler

lane@cranbone:~/GIT/lanesible$ cat /boot/armbianEnv.txt|fgrep overlays
overlays=cir pwm

 

https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Allwinner_overlays/#armbianenvtxt-entries-reference

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.