Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I2C control in u-boot: Orange Pi Zero

Featured Replies

Hi.

I am trying to control an i2c device at the u-boot stage.

i2c 0 bus is activated through /boot/armbianEnv.txt file

 

After settings some i2c commands at /boot/boot.cmd i checked the i2c sdk and sda pins via an oscilloscope. 

But neither output a signal.

i2c dev 0
i2c mw 0x3c 0x00 0xae

I included above commands and tested.

 

Can I know how to activate or use i2c at u-boot level?

 

image: ARMBIAN 5.75 stable Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS 4.19.38-sunxi

 

29 minutes ago, sunzone said:

Can I know how to activate or use i2c at u-boot level?


I haven't tried I2C in u-boot ... but in any case you need to recompile with enabled support for it. I am not sure if its enabled by default.


Try this way:

./compile.sh CREATE_PATCHES="yes" and when you will be asked for changes go to sources/u-boot/v2019.04/ and run make menuconfig ... enable i2c, go out, save config and return to the build script and proceed.

 

Install u-boot package from output/deb Then run armbian-config -> system -> intstall & update u-boot -> choose update u-boot ... reboot into new u-boot.

 

You can do this also on your board. Cloning sources, applying patches, default config, enabling i2c, flashing bootloader with dd following by reboot.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.