Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

No sound card / audio capabilities in Olimex Lime (A10)

Featured Replies

Hi guys,

 

I am very sorry to bother you, I tried everything I could to make this work but unfortunately, I can't figure it out. So here I am asking for help ! ;)

 

I am using the Armbian 4.5 Jessie (Kernel 3.4.109) on an Olimex Lime A10 board, everything works fine (Wifi & Bluetooth via USB dongles), but there's no sound. 

 

I tried aplay -l but nothing is found.

modprobe sun4i_codec returns "codec not found".

 

Could you help me find what's wrong ? I would like to avoid compiling a kernel by myself if it's possible ... 

 

Thanks !

  • Author

Perfect: worked like a charm !

Do you know why it is disabled by default ? Newbies like me would never find out why they can't get sound out of this thing ...

Anyway, thank you very much for the help and clear indications.

 

SOLVED !

Do you know why it is disabled by default ? Newbies like me would never find out why they can't get sound out of this thing ...

There are 30 fex files for different boards, and it''s hard to keep track of all configuration options unless someone points out that something was misconfigured or wasn't enabled.

There are 30 fex files for different boards, and it''s hard to keep track of all configuration options unless someone points out that something was misconfigured or wasn't enabled.

 

And at least with Lime/Lime2 enabling analog audio by default is somewhat problematic since these boards do not have a headphone/TRRS jack but the relevant PIN is defined as 'GPIO 28' by default: https://www.olimex.com/wiki/A10-OLinuXino-LIME#GPIO_under_Linux (available on the LCD connector and also used there for this purpose)

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.