Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NanoPi NEO2 Voltage Regulator Update

Featured Replies

I've checked a few places, and noticed that the NanoPi NEO2 has had an upgrade to its CPU voltage regulator that does not seem to be reflected anywhere; the sunxi-linux wiki still reports that the regulator can provide only 1.1V, and I see no evidence of a regulator for the CPU in the device tree in the master mainline kernel branch.

 

On the NEO2 V1.1, the CPU voltage regulator has been updated to provide GPIO-based voltage regulation, giving a selection of 1.1V (the same as the original board) or 1.3V (this setting is new). I'm quite new to kernel/device tree modifications, so I was wondering if anyone else was aware of this, and, if nobody is willing to incorporate it themselves, how I would go about adding support for the selectable voltage so that the board can be clocked higher than ~850MHz (according to sunxi-linux wiki).

@Neko May armbian has support  for 1.3V

 

Use armbian-config ==> system ==> hardware

and enable

cpu-clock-1.3GHz-1.3v

and

gpio-regulator-1.3v

 

save/reboot

 

and now set cpu-governor and speeds in armbian-config ==> system ==> CPU

(I think with these new setting you will get all speeds)

 

PS: I ediited  my DTB for the OPi Zero Plus2 H5 to allow up to 1008Mhz with the 1.1v setting
(like I had it on older armbian-builds):

Neo2_1_3v_switch.jpg

Hi @Neko May- note that newer versions of the Armbian kernel include updated DTs for the NEO2 that provide the 1.3v regulator interface settings.  So you should actually only need to enable the "cpu-clock-1.3GHz-1.3v" hardware function/DT.

 

30 minutes ago, 5kft said:

Hi @Neko May- note that newer versions of the Armbian kernel include updated DTs for the NEO2 that provide the 1.3v regulator interface settings.  So you should actually only need to enable the "cpu-clock-1.3GHz-1.3v" hardware function/DT.

I will be curious if we will have this "game" again after the Neo2 LTS now with the upcoming NanoPi Neo2 Black? ;) 
see: http://wiki.friendlyarm.com/wiki/index.php/NanoPi_NEO2_Black

NanoPi_NEO2_Black-1.jpg

1 hour ago, guidol said:

I will be curious if we will have this "game" again after the Neo2 LTS now with the upcoming NanoPi Neo2 Black?

 

Indeed, I took a quick look at the schematic (http://wiki.friendlyarm.com/wiki/images/5/57/NanoPi-NEO2-Black_1907_Schematic.pdf) and noticed a few things (if the schematic is accurate):

  • If the VCC regulator is really a SY8106A (first page notes it is a MP2143DJ, which I'm guessing is a mistake), then the power circuit looks like the same as the NEO Core2, which means that the board may be able to drive the core voltage to 1.4v, meaning it can run up to 1.4GHz (like on the Core2).  This is nice!
  • The board "version" GPIO (PL3) is wired the same as the NEO2 v1.1, so for the NEO2 build target this won't allow full speed of the board as this would load the NEO2 v1.1 default DT which actually uses the far more limited MP2143DJ regulator.   In fact, with the Black they wired PC4, PC6, and PC7 the same as well as the NEO2 v1.1, which means that we can't do runtime board identification.  This likely means that we'll have to do a different board target...
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.