Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Passing configuration to docker build

Featured Replies

Hi guys,
Is this syntax still valid? 

Config file is placed in userpatches/config-<conf_name>.conf

./compile.sh docker <conf_name>

 It still displays the configuration menu for me.

Thanks in advance.

  • Author
14 minutes ago, Igor said:

@Alexey Manually update Docker file and docker config - copy from config/template ... and it will work.

It didn't work. Should I restart docker?

./compile.sh docker single         
[ o.k. ] This script will try to update
Already up to date.
Already on 'master'
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'.
[ o.k. ] Using config file [ /home/igorp/Dokumenti/build/userpatches/config-docker.conf ]
[ .... ] Using existed a armbian Docker container 
[ o.k. ] Running the container 
[ o.k. ] Using config file [ /root/armbian/userpatches/config-single.conf ]
[ o.k. ] Preparing [ host ]
[ o.k. ] Build host OS release [ bionic ]
[ o.k. ] Running in container [ docker ]

It works for me - latest sources, using Debian Buster as a host.

 

4 minutes ago, Alexey said:

Should I restart docker?


Yes - I would propose to delete the container / image.

  • Author

No luck. Killed all the containers, removed all images.
 

In the output before the menu pops up I have no such line:
Using config file [ /root/armbian/userpatches/config-single.conf ]


Docker: version 19.03.6

  • Author
12 hours ago, Igor said:


Last try is to try clean git clone build script and start from scratch? 


Did not work, sorry.
Actually, passing params in command line as 

./compile.sh docker BOARD=lime2 BRANCH=current RELEASE=bionic BUILD_MINIMAL=no BUILD_DESKTOP=no KERNEL_ONLY=no KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no

works just fine, but I have another issue. Network is not working for image built this way.

Official image downloaded yesterday has version 20.02_Lime2_bionic_current_5.4.20 and it works, 
this image has version Armbian_20.05.0-trunk_Lime2_bionic_current_5.4.20 and it does not work. Checked with serial console, network is dead, dhclient is started, bit there is no IP  set. Tried to set up IP manually, but it still does not work though eth0 is up.   Looks like a problem with u-boot (probably some networking chip patches are missing), but in both cases u-boot has same major version  19.10.
 
Is there any way to get identical build (same u-boot and kernel) as official one?
 

  • Author
1 hour ago, Igor said:


I can check this fastest in 1-2 weeks.

Ok, original issue is fixed. I had BOARD_NAME instead of BOARD in my userpatches config. Now ./compile docker myconfig works.

Thanks a lot, but with the network issue I think I can find a workaround with some little hint from you.

Actually, what I'm trying to achieve is customizing image. I copied config/boards/lime2.conf  to config/boards/myboard.conf,  renamed the BOARD_NAME="MyBoard" to change the default hostname. BOARDFAMILY and BOOTCONFIG are the same as for Lime2,  it is the nearest compatible board, original Lime2 build works fine.  The desired image should include some pre-installed stuff (Node.js 10x, my app,  dependencies),  I did it with customize-image.sh.  Now setting BOARD=myboard creates the image I need, with the changed hostname and preinstalled software, but the network does not work.  Obviously, some patches are BOARD  -depended, not the board family. Workaround is leaving BOARD as is, and renaming the host in customize-image.sh script.  And here I need a hint - hostnamectl does not work in build time, what is the better approach? 

  

  • Author
1 hour ago, Alexey said:

One more question - how to update the ssh login prompt with new hostname after it is changed?

No more questions :) Just fixed BOARD_NAME in /etc/armbian-release, motd now displays correct name.

PS. great job guys, userpatches concept is just great. Working firmware for the new board in 2 days - that took me 6 months before with Buildroot.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.