Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Only noise from speakers on Teres Laptop

Featured Replies

Hi there,

 

I have been trying Armbian Buster for the first time. On the first look everything works fine and quick. But I cannot get proper sound from the soundcard. Instead there is only random noise.

 

Interestingly the speaker-test works fine in stereo.

 

$ uname -a
Linux teres-a64 5.4.28-sunxi64 #20.02.7 SMP Sat Mar 28 17:25:10 CET 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux

$ aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: sun50ia64audio [sun50i-a64-audio], device 0: 1c22c00.dai-sun8i sun8i-0 [1c22c00.dai-sun8i sun8i-0]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

$ speaker-test -twav -c2 -Dhw:0

speaker-test 1.1.8

Playback device is hw:0
Stream parameters are 48000Hz, S16_LE, 2 channels
WAV file(s)
Rate set to 48000Hz (requested 48000Hz)
Buffer size range from 128 to 131072
Period size range from 64 to 16384
Using max buffer size 131072
Periods = 4
was set period_size = 16384
was set buffer_size = 131072
 0 - Front Left
 1 - Front Right
Time per period = 0.366860

I can imagine that the mixer channels are just mixed up or the codec are wrong but I am not sure how to debug further.

 

EDIT: The original Olimex Linux Image has working sound. So hardware should be fine. 

 

Thanks a lot!

Alex

  • Author

I noticed something interesting. The noise actually sound like a recording with too high gain. When I reduce the loudness to a few percent I can hear the audio. But it is then played very slow. Maybe at half speed. Any ideas where to fix that?

Edited by Alex42
typo

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.