Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Armbian kernel package keeps deleting custom kernels

Featured Replies

Hello,

 

not sure if I'm at the right place here, so please let me know if I'm wrong and where I need to be. Thanks in advance and my apologies...

 

My problem is that for some time now does Apt keep deleting custom kernels in /boot and the package appears to delete kernels not only with a rough pattern, but with "-f" as well, ignoring any file permissions. I've been watching this for a while now and it has left me at first with unbootable devices until I've noticed the cause. I would very much appreciate it of the Armbian kernel package wouldn't just delete anything that looks remotely like a kernel from /boot with a "rm -f *", but only removes the files that have been part of a previously installed package and leaves all other files in place.

 

An example:

Preparing to unpack .../38-linux-image-current-sunxi_20.02.11_armhf.deb ...
update-initramfs: Deleting /boot/initrd.img-5.6.3-sven1    <--- There again
Removing obsolete file 5.4.30-sunxi
Removing obsolete file uInitrd-5.6.3-sven1                 <--- Not obsolete but actually a part of the running kernel
Removing obsolete file uInitrd-5.4.30-sunxi
update-initramfs: Deleting /boot/initrd.img-5.4.30-sunxi
Unpacking linux-image-current-sunxi (20.02.11) over (20.02.9) ...

 

I'd appreciate it if somebody could make this stop.

Edited by Sven

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.