Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Proper way to apply custom patches

Featured Replies

Hi guys,

 

I am going to apply some LibeELEC multimedia patches to Armbian kernel

 

Please advise, what is the proper way for this?

 

I have found folder build/userpatches/kernel/sunxi-current. Should I put files here?

 

 

  • Author
1 minute ago, Igor said:

 

Yes if you are planing to compile "current" kernel for Allwinner.

 

While I am not sure we are missing anything important ...

Thanks Igor

 

I have found topic

with advice to apply patches

  Had a bit of a success with HDMI audio and also video acceleration on OrangePi 3. What was needed was to apply some patches from LibreELEC, namely ones from projects/Allwinner/patches/linux/ .

  For video acceleration you need 0005-cedrus-improvements.patch and compile Cedrus driver. When done right you should see in dmesg: cedrus 1c0e000.video-codec: Device registered as /dev/video0

 

Do you know if this patches already included into Armbian?

 

With latest available armbian for orange pi 3 hw acceleration is not available, so I am trying to build kernel and kodi for Armbian with full mmedia support

 

7 hours ago, AZ8 said:

 

With latest available armbian for orange pi 3 hw acceleration is not available, so I am trying to build kernel and kodi for Armbian with full mmedia support

 

Besides current you could give dev branch a shot as well. From what I have noticed so far is that the performance of the 3d hardware acceleration  is better on 5.6 than on 5.4.

  • Author
9 hours ago, Werner said:

Besides current you could give dev branch a shot as well. From what I have noticed so far is that the performance of the 3d hardware acceleration  is better on 5.6 than on 5.4.

Thanks

 

Unfortunately, when I am trying to switch kernel, I got an exception every time

 

cat /tmp/switch_kernel.log
linux-image-dev-sunxi64=20.02.12.114 linux-dtb-dev-sunxi64=20.02.12.114 linux-u-boot-orangepi3-dev

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.