Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Orange Pi Zero - Official GPIO Full Guide for Newbies

Featured Replies

Hi Everyone !


I'm trying to find an Official full guide "How to setup and control GPIO on orange Pi zero devices".

I find some parts of informations about it on the net but I don't understand the full steps to do it, it is not enough clear for me.


1) Some people are using unofficial python libraries. But I can see that these libraries seem being a fork from Rpi devices and all GPIO interfaces are not tested.

 

2) I have found the DT Overlay Guide but it explains only how to setup GPIO (not how to use it in a batch, python or c file)

https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Allwinner_overlays/

 

3) Official sunxi documentation

https://linux-sunxi.org/Main_Page

 

https://linux-sunxi.org/GPIO

In this article, it speaks first about the sysfs method but it seems a deprecated method.

 

SUMMARY :

I would like a guide with some examples that explains how to setup and control GPIOs as I/O pin, i2c port, spi port and serial port.

 

1) a simple example to configure a pin as input :

- setup the desired pin as an input

- using IO level change event/interruption with a batch, python and c file.

 

2) other examples with the I2C, SPI and serial port interface.

 

3) an history overview with all differents ways to do it with their life state (deprecated, official/non-official, etc.)

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.