Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Building Focal Minimal Server without Debian packages

Featured Replies

I am running the latest Build "Kagu".

I have learned about Clean Levels. I am new to all of this.

So I was not cleaning anything. I wanted to build the kernel locally after config.

I noticed another thread about not seeing the menuconfig during the build

even though it was requested. After hand deleting the target linux image deb,

then menuconfig was invoked properly.  I mention this to indicate that I dont

really have control over this "cleaning" yet but I am getting there.

I really dont want to clean too much but I have started over with a good cleaning.

 

To simplify things I want to focus on the Minimal Server without Debian packages.

I think there is a bug in main.sh line 344

[[ $BUILD_MINIMAL == yes ]] && EXTERNAL=no

I think if I have BUILD_MINIMAL then I can get no EXTERNAL_NEW

which I want. Otherwise I will get EXTERNAL_NEW since the options are

really local or remote but I want EXTERNAL_NEW=no

but you are setting EXTERNAL=no

a search shows this is an unused variable.

so I changed it to EXTERNAL_NEW=no

otherwise I suppose the config I can ignore the options and set EXTERNAL_NEW to "no" there.

All this takes some time. I could check that but I have started over so it will be awhile LOL.

 I think I will be familiar with the process soon enough.


Thanks, for endurance

 

 

  • Author

I am building Buster Minimal Server to "start over from the top"

and to have something to compare with Focal Minimal Server.

I like trying to master the Minimal build process.
It is easier to do these Buster/Focal comparisons as well.

I am just working with NanoPC-T4 in both circumstances

we'll see how it goes.

 

Fun analyzing such a different process.

Testing my ability to extend my understanding of Bash / Linux

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.