Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

linux-srouce-5.7.14-* package is missing

Featured Replies

I'm trying to build a kernel driver for 5.7.14 for my custom image but couldn't find a linux-source package for the kernel version at https://mirrors.netix.net/armbian/apt/pool/main/l/
I tried to use armbian-config but it didn't show it, either (5.4.44 was listed instead).

Where can I get 5.7.14 source code?

I checked out Armbian Build v20.05( https://github.com/armbian/build/releases/tag/v20.05 )and created an image with the following options:

BOARD=tinkerboard RELEASE=buster BRANCH=current BUILD_DESKTOP=no KERNEL_ONLY=no KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no INSTALL_HEADERS=yes BUILD_MINIMAL=yes


The system information is as follows (on Tinker Board):

root@tinkerboard:~# cat /etc/armbian-release 
# PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
BOARD=tinkerboard
BOARD_NAME="Tinkerboard"
BOARDFAMILY=rockchip
BUILD_REPOSITORY_URL=https://github.com/armbian/build
BUILD_REPOSITORY_COMMIT=04ae9e4f
DISTRIBUTION_CODENAME=buster
DISTRIBUTION_STATUS=supported
VERSION=20.08.0-trunk
LINUXFAMILY=rockchip
BRANCH=current
ARCH=arm
IMAGE_TYPE=user-built
BOARD_TYPE=conf
INITRD_ARCH=arm
KERNEL_IMAGE_TYPE=Image
root@tinkerboard:~# cat /etc/os-release 
PRETTY_NAME="Armbian 20.08.0-trunk Buster"
NAME="Debian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="10"
VERSION="10 (buster)"
VERSION_CODENAME=buster
ID=debian
HOME_URL="https://www.debian.org/"
SUPPORT_URL="https://www.debian.org/support"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.debian.org/"
root@tinkerboard:~# uname -r
5.7.14-rockchip

 

I also found weird stuff in install.log. I checked out v20.05 but the log said the build.sh was installing v20.08.
I'm missing something. What is it?

# output/debug/install.log
---
dpkg-deb: building package 'armbian-firmware' in 'armbian-firmware_20.08.0-trunk_all.deb'.
dpkg-deb: building package 'armbian-firmware-full' in 'armbian-firmware-full_20.08.0-trunk_all.deb'.
dpkg-deb: building package 'linux-buster-root-current-tinkerboard' in '/home/vagrant/armbian/.tmp/buster/linux-buster-root-current-tinkerboard_20.08.0-trunk_armhf.deb'.
(snip)

 

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, daisuke said:

I checked out v20.05


You need to create a file .ignore_changes in the build directory. Not sure if this is a bug ... but this way it will remain on a checked bnanch.

 

But anyway - sources will not be in the repository since we don't build and host sources for each upstream version. If you need the exact version, build image (upgrade deb pack) with BUILD_KSRC="yes" I think default is to build it. https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Build-Options/

 

https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/lib/compilation.sh#L324-L335

Quote

You need to create a file .ignore_changes in the build directory. Not sure if this is a bug ... but this way it will remain on a checked bnanch.

I found it in the document after posting this and now I've being trying it, thanks.

 

Quote

INSTALL_KSRC="yes"

I will try this option as well later on.

Putting the .ignore_changes did work fine.
The original title was a little bit wrong. What I wanted to do is to build a v20.05 image and to get its kernel source code (the actual version is 5.4.57 rather than 5.7.14).

The correct way to do it is

  1. Clone the master (https://github.com/armbian/build.git)
  2. Run vagrant if necessary (cd ./config/templates; vagrant up; vagrant ssh; cd armbian)
  3. Run sudo git checkout origin/v20.05
  4. Run sudo touch  .ignore_changes
  5. Run ./compile.sh BOARD=tinkerboard RELEASE=buster BRANCH=current BUILD_DESKTOP=no KERNEL_ONLY=no KERNEL_CONFIGURE=no INSTALL_HEADERS=yes BUILD_MINIMAL=yes INSTALL_KSRC=yes

And the following file was created under output/images.

Armbian_20.05.7_Tinkerboard_buster_current_5.4.57_minimal.img


The image file includes a src archive file on /usr/src.

root@tinkerboard:~# ls /usr/src/
linux-headers-5.4.57-rockchip  linux-rockchip-current_5.4.57_20.05.7_config.xz  linux-source-5.4.57-rockchip.tar.xz

Thanks guys.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.