Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

customize-image.sh using git clone error

Featured Replies

In my customize-image.sh I need to dowload source via git and make it like user and not like root.

 

Example of customize-image.sh:

git clone https://github.com/xxx/xxx /home/pi/xxx

su -c "sudo -S  /home/pi/xxx/xxx.sh" - pi

 

This work when I build image for OrangePi4 (and all other rk3399 board)

It dosen't work when build image for sun8i board like OrangePi Lite.  Both git and su command return error and compilation fail.

 

This happen with legacy and mainline kernel, with ubuntu or debian.

On 8/23/2020 at 11:14 AM, gleam2003 said:

It dosen't work when build image for sun8i board like OrangePi Lite.  Both git and su command return error and compilation fail.


Strange. This looks like the problem is related to 32bit systems ... possible QEMU bug? Can you try to change build host? Bionic instead of Focal. Or some Debian?

  • Author

I tried with Bionic and have the same issue.
Yes, is probably Qemu problem, I have the same problem if I chroot manually and try to do the same thing.

 

In Focal qemu version is 3, in Bionic qemu version is 4 and I have the same problem.
I compile the version 5 on Focal but I can't successefull build the static version with softemmu.

I will test the 5 from unstable branch on Bionic

  • Author

Can I add that in past with old version of armbian on Ubuntu 16.04 the problem dosen't exist. Qemu version in this case, if I'm not wrong, is 2.5

I've recently been having the same issues, a segfault during git clone, when building focal on Ubuntu 18.04. I tried a few different versions of QEMU; QEMU 5.1.0 ended up solving my issue (when installed locally and then do a build with ROOT_FS_CREATE_ONLY=force to generate a local rootfs).

  • Author

where find compiled quemu 5.1.0 for focal? I test to build but have error when link with "--static"

  • Author

Now I have this error on end of build process:

 

Quote

[ o.k. ] Unmounting [ /home/vagrant/armbian/.tmp/rootfs-legacy-beelinkx2-buster-no-no ]
qemu-arm-static: /build/qemu-aGGHr4/qemu-5.0/linux-user/elfload.c:2327: pgb_reserved_va: Assertion `addr == test' failed.
/home/vagrant/armbian/lib/distributions.sh: line 597:  3795 Aborted                 (core dumped) chroot "${SDCARD}" /bin/bash -c "dpkg-divert --quiet --local --rename --remove /sbin/initctl"
qemu-arm-static: /build/qemu-aGGHr4/qemu-5.0/linux-user/elfload.c:2327: pgb_reserved_va: Assertion `addr == test' failed.
/home/vagrant/armbian/lib/distributions.sh: line 597:  3798 Aborted                 (core dumped) chroot "${SDCARD}" /bin/bash -c "dpkg-divert --quiet --local --rename --remove /sbin/start-stop-daemon"

 

  • Author
2 hours ago, Werner said:

Does this happen as well when building on Ubuntu Focal native or in a virtual environment (Virtualbox or similar)?

The error with qemu old version happen on both, native or virtual.

The error after update qemu to 5.0 happen on vagrant, for now I don't test on native.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.