Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Replacing sysfsutils with tmpfiles.d

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

I'm not exactly sure where this type of thread goes. If it doesn't go here, can someone please politely move it? Thank you very much!

 

There seems to be a rogue file in the "/etc/sysfs.d/" directory with the file "20-gpu-governor.conf" on my system. This file is meant to tune the GPU governor to "performance", instead of the default "simple_ondemand".

 

But I'm confused as to which package supplies this. It is not supplied by sysfsutils, so maybe it's Armbian specific? Not sure. This file is on Armbian for the Helios64.

 

Here are the contents of the file "/etc/sysfs.d/20-gpu-governor.conf":

 

# Set "performance" GPU devfreq governor, "simple_ondemand" works bad in recent kernels
devices/platform/ff9a0000.gpu/devfreq/ff9a0000.gpu/governor = performance

 

Anyway, I just went ahead and APT purged the old-style sysfsutils package, since I wanted to go with something more standardized to systemd, such as tmpfiles.d.

 

I am using this Arch Wiki page as a reference: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/CPU_frequency_scaling#Make_changes_permanent

 

Here is the proposed replacement file "/etc/tmpfiles.d/00-armbian-gpu-governor.conf":

 

# Set "performance" GPU devfreq governor, "simple_ondemand" works bad in recent kernels
w- /sys/devices/platform/ff9a0000.gpu/devfreq/ff9a0000.gpu/governor - - - - performance

 

I am not sure about udev. However, it seems that as long as "systemd-tmpfiles-setup" is active, it should always set the governor to performance, I did a test with "cat /sys/devices/platform/ff9a0000.gpu/devfreq/ff9a0000.gpu/governor" and it looks like it returned as "performance", so everything is good.

 

And please, stop using sysfsutils. :)

  • mrjpaxton changed the title to Replacing sysfsutils with tmpfiles.d
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.