Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Custom build/tweaking source code

Featured Replies

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to build a full bootable image for the Rock pi 4B using a VM with the recommended build system I followed the build instructions in https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Build-Preparation/.

I got the image built without errors. At this point I haven't tried the image because I still want to change a source file and recompile.

 

I changed the file in question: build/cache/sources/linux-mainline/linux-5.10.y/drivers/pci/controller/pcie-rockchip-host.c

and rerun compile.sh in the build directory.

 

The system builds again without issues, but the file I edited get replaced by the original content along the way. 

 

Obviously, this is not the way to change the file in the source tree. Is there a workaround? Or what should be the way to accomplish what I'm trying to accomplish, which is simply tweak a specific file of the kernel source code?

 

Thanks in advance,

Jorge


 
what should be the way to accomplish what I'm trying to accomplish, which is simply tweak a specific file of the kernel source code?
 



Use CREATE_PATCHES=yes or smth alike, look for usage details in the documentation - it will stop building after applying Armenian’s patches and prompt for editing sources u-boot and kernel, also your changer will be saved as patches.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.