Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OdroidHC4 will not start

Featured Replies

First off, could someone please help. I did not seem to be able to create this topic without a tag and the only tag it would accept was "solved". Wondering if somebody could remove the "solved" tag and add in "odroidhc4"?

 

I purchased a brand new odroid hc4 board with the intention of installing armbian and then subsequently OMV. My intention was/is to install Armbian on a MicroSD card.

On the downloader page I read that in order to clean boot Armbian the incompatible Petit bootloader needs to be removed.

 

I tried the bootloader bypass (preferred) method and that didn't seem to work for me. The board still seemed to go to the petitboot UI.

I then tried the Petitboot Console method and ran the following commands as detailed on the download page:
 

# flash_eraseall /dev/mtd0
# flash_eraseall /dev/mtd1
# flash_eraseall /dev/mtd2
# flash_eraseall /dev/mtd3

These all seemed to run/complete without issue. I then rebooted the board and now absolutely nothing happens. It doesn't boot to the Petitboot UI/Console and it doesn't boot to Armbian either.... Does anybody have any suggestions or wisdom that can help resolve this?

Thanks 🙂

Solved by wolf7250

  • Author

Also, if someone could please assist, I was unable to create this topic without a tag as it's a required field. But it wouldn't let me enter anything except for "solved" as the tag, which this definitely is not.

  • Author
  • Solution

OK. Now this is actually solved.

The issue was I was unknowingly using a legacy Buster armbian image. As soon as I tried it with a current Buster armbian image the bootloader picked it up and it installed and booted armbian.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.