Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How can I require password entry for sudo?

Featured Replies

Not that I ever got this working correctly on Raspbian, but how do I go about requiring a password for sudo? I am able to change the password via 'sudo passwd' without error, but I still don't know how to make the system request the password every time I sudo.

 

Thanks so much

 

Joe

Edited by virgosystems
formatting

Solved by schwar3kat

Sudo users by default supply their own password for authentication, rather than the password of the target user. After authentication, and if the configuration file (typically /etc/sudoers) permits the user access, the system invokes the requested command.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudo.


When you ran the command 'sudo passwd', you were changing the password for the root user, not the user invoking sudo (you were acting as root when you changed the password).

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.