Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Banana Pro: fails to power up wifi

Featured Replies

Hi Igor,

 

first of all I want to thank you for your amazing work. It's quite a huge thing you have here.

I have the Problem, that I can't get the wifi module on my Banana pro working, both in wheezy and jessie with kernel 3.4 with the image from 21.5.. I added ap6210 to /etc/modules, but wifi chip doesn't power up.

Any idea what could cause the problem?

I Attached a log from my boot in case you'd like to take a look

 

Greetings

Jonas

boot-log_jessie.txt

  • Author

I still can't get wifi up. Both with wheezy and jessie with kernel 3.4.

For exmple in wheezy (modprobe and adding an entry in /etc/modules has the same effect doesn't it? I tried both versions):

root@bananapi:~# modprobe bcmdhd
<4>pm: parse wifi_used failed
<6>bcmdhd: got gpio2, mapped to irqno-22
dhd_customer_gpio_wlan_ctrl: call customer specific GPIO to turn on WL_REG_ON
[wifi_pm]: No select wifi, please check your config !!
=========== WLAN placed in POWER ON ========

failed to power up wifi chip, retry again (4 left) **

dhd_customer_gpio_wlan_ctrl: call customer specific GPIO to turn off WL_REG_ON
[wifi_pm]: No select wifi, please check your config !!
=========== WLAN placed in POWER OFF ========
dhd_customer_gpio_wlan_ctrl: call customer specific GPIO to turn on WL_REG_ON
[wifi_pm]: No select wifi, please check your config !!
=========== WLAN placed in POWER ON ========

failed to power up wifi chip, retry again (3 left) **

dhd_customer_gpio_wlan_ctrl: call customer specific GPIO to turn off WL_REG_ON
[wifi_pm]: No select wifi, please check your config !!
=========== WLAN placed in POWER OFF ========
dhd_customer_gpio_wlan_ctrl: call customer specific GPIO to turn on WL_REG_ON
[wifi_pm]: No select wifi, please check your config !!
=========== WLAN placed in POWER ON ========

failed to power up wifi chip, retry again (2 left) **

dhd_customer_gpio_wlan_ctrl: call customer specific GPIO to turn off WL_REG_ON
[wifi_pm]: No select wifi, please check your config !!
=========== WLAN placed in POWER OFF ========
dhd_customer_gpio_wlan_ctrl: call customer specific GPIO to turn on WL_REG_ON
[wifi_pm]: No select wifi, please check your config !!
=========== WLAN placed in POWER ON ========

failed to power up wifi chip, retry again (1 left) **

dhd_customer_gpio_wlan_ctrl: call customer specific GPIO to turn off WL_REG_ON
[wifi_pm]: No select wifi, please check your config !!
=========== WLAN placed in POWER OFF ========

failed to power up wifi chip, max retry reached, exits **

ERROR: could not insert 'bcmdhd': No such device

Also I'm not sure which image to use at all. For my project I need wifi in AP-mode and I2S. Which image would you recommend?

 

 

No select wifi, please check your config

 

It looks like you are not using proper script.bin file?

 

Where is your /boot/script.bin pointing to? It must be to the bananapro.bin

script.bin -> /boot/bin/bananapipro.bin

 

 

Also I'm not sure which image to use at all. For my project I need wifi in AP-mode and I2S. Which image would you recommend?

 

Just get the latest 3.4.107 and you will be fine. Get Wheezy if you don't want to find new problems.

  • Author

I did indeed use the wrong script.bin, I now linked to /boot/bin/bananapipro.bin and bcmdhd still doesn't work, but ap6210 does work. Thank you!

AP in bridge mode works with module ap6210, now I'm trying to let it work as dhcp-server via dnsmasq.

Hello Igor

with a Banana Pro using this:

uname -a
Linux bananapi 4.0.4-bananapi #6 SMP Thu May 21 21:58:45 CEST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux

I can't have the internal Wi-Fi up, I try adding to /etc/modules ap6210, ap6181 and bcmdhd.

I try to use only wlan and disabled the eth part of the /etc/network/interfaces

The script.bin is linking to /boot/bin/bananapipro.bin

But always receive a message when I test:

modprobe ap6210
FATAL: Module ap6210 not found

Please, can you help me?

OK, Igor, thanks.

Actually is:

 

cp sun7i-a20-bananapro.dtb sun7i-a20-bananapi.dtb

 

Kind regards.

I'm having a lot of problems to bring to life the internal Wi-Fi.

Finally i installed the minimal desktop enviroment and "wicd" and using this, finally I can do the Wi-Fi stay up and running.

I need to do more test: headless mode, fixed IP, ...

Thanks

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.