Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OpenMediaVault Broken :-(

Featured Replies

Hiya, I've been using OMV for a year or two with no issues. There were several updates to Armbian and other packages recently which caused a number of errors and the system going to sleep on my Windows network and not waking up. Rather than try and track every error, I'll just start from scratch.

 

Last time, the OMV install from Armbian-Config worked like a dream. Load it, update it and then click OMV in the menu. Simples!

 

This time it runs a lot of script as before, then finishes with "error openmediavault". That's it. The web browser says "Welcome to NGINX", so something has been installed. Ive tried an install and running the Debian scrip from the OMV GITHUB and it does not like that at all. Errors in BASH immediately.

 

 

So currently hoping for updates (from Armbian I guess?). I'm using latest Bullseye and I guess Armbian-Config is trying to install V6?

Edited by dogshome

  • Author

If I had logged on as Root and not run Armbian-Config as Sudo, it would have worked. D'Oh! V6 running now....    🤪

Edited by dogshome

On 11/9/2022 at 8:29 PM, dogshome said:

from Armbian I guess?

 

Armbian didn't make OMV. AFAIK there is no need for any special installation as used to be via armbian-config. Just check official OMV install instructions for installing over Armbian Debian. It has to be Debian, otherwise it does not work. I don't know much about OMV internals or installation ...

  • Author

Hi Igor, I modified my post above just as you input yours I think. It's working fine on Buster now I installed as root. That via armbian config Debian version.

I'd start by checking whether the issue showed up right after an apt upgrade or after updating OMV itself. I've had cases where reinstalling the OMV packages and checking the service logs made it much easier to pinpoint what actually broke. Posting the output of the relevant logs would also help others narrow it down instead of guessing.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.