Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

cannot connect over RDP

Featured Replies

Hi, I am testing armbian with openhab on odroid C4.

Sometimes it can be handy to login via Remote desktop to my machine.

I enabled RDP through armbian -config, but I can not remote desktop to the machine. When i connect trough renmina or windows rdp, i get the xrdp login screen, but when i enter user and pasword, i get thrown out of the programm, be it srenmina or windows remote desktop. So the problem seems to be on the armbian side.

Any suggestions where to look to fix shis?

 

Armbian version 22.11.1 running on odroid C4.

 

Thks in advance

Is there a file named ....

.xsession

.... in that user's home directory and if there is, what is the contents of that file?

 

I had the same issue not too long ago and I had this file there with its contents being ....

"xfce4-session"

After reviewing the logs I removed that file (it was not needed in my case) and the xfce4 desktop started.

I'd also check that the RDP service is actually running and listening on the expected port. If SSH still works, you can verify the service status and firewall rules from there. That usually helps narrow down whether it's an RDP configuration issue or a network problem.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.