Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (โ‹ฎ) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Make lowest download speed limit configurable

Featured Replies

Currently lowest download speed limit is hardcoded to 500k (build/lib/functions/general/downloads.sh, line 79)

--lowest-speed-limit=500K

ย 

As I build my first image, I hit a lot of times this limitย ๐Ÿ™ˆ

image.png.4ccf85e194f723684e7ebfbd95f4b621.png

ย 

Wouldn't be nice if this limit was configurable? I'm willing to try to implement it myself.

  • Should I create an issue on Jira or GitHub or is the forum the right place to discuss it?
  • Where would be the right place to add this parameter? userpatches/config-default.conf?

Edited by atone

Solved by hzyitc

I also had this issue the last time I reinstalled the build-system.

I have a 18MBit line, but do not get from all servers >= 500Kb sec.

It depends on the country.

As Iam in turkey - most servers are very slow and if I have the chance (like on debian install) I choose the servers in Germany which are much faster for me (up to 1800Kb/sec), but armbian didnt let choose me :(

16 ั‡ะฐัะพะฒ ะฝะฐะทะฐะด, atone ัะบะฐะทะฐะป:

As I build my first image, I hit a lot of times this limitย 

This is not a mistake. This is not a very good way to get around some of the providers' restrictions on the download speed for the end user. If the download speed is less than specified in the limit, then the connection breaks and an attempt is made to download from the following address. We can pre-check the speed of distribution from a specific address, but we will not be able to do a download speed check for your specific provider. For example, a provider can provide a high download speed for the first 50-100 megabytes from the download address, and then reduces the download speed to 20 kilobytes/sec. The existing algorithm in this situation allows for faster loading. The downside of this is getting error messages.

@atone The only option for changes can only be if we add an additional global variable that can be defined at the very beginning of the path, instead of having to program the value 500.

For your case, 400-450 will be the optimal value.

For my case, it will have a different meaning.

If you make this fix, then I approve this pull request.

  • Solution

This's for cdn selection. When we try to download from a slow cdn, we can disconnect it fastly and try another one.

ย 

In your screenshot, we can also confirm this. You are downloading form some slow servers, which only get about 300KB. After disconnect from them, it will try the other server and your download speed up.

ย 

What's more, the script will remember the server stats (https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/lib/functions/general/downloads.sh#L62-L63). So in next download, aria2 will choose the fastest server.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions โ†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.