Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Second (New) SSD Gone After Reboot

Featured Replies

Hey,

I have a very similar problem here to this and this thread.

I rebooted as the HC4 was already bugging me for a while to reboot on the motd (unattended-upgrades). Since the reboot, /dev/sdb is gone. :(

It's a new Samsung SSD 870 EVO as well as in the other thread. The other (still running) one is a new Crucial MX500.

I tried several Armbian kernels but no change. I went back to 5.10.57-meson64.

There are no obviously burnt components on the device.

 

There seem quite a few people with this problem.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot!

 

 

P.S. TP10 and TP11 are at 12V.

Edited by Autic
Added measurement

Same here. I also use a Samsung evo (860). I think problem is only with samsung. I have my installation freeze at Armbian 22.05.3 Bullseye with Linux 5.10.123-meson64

  • Author
Quote

I think problem is only with samsung.

 

In fact, most of the reports I have read speak of Samsung. However, Samsung is also the market leader. So I am cautious about blaming the issue on Samsung.
This one speaks of Kingston.


Anyway, the problem seems to be accumulating.
 

  • Author

Anyway, I see three possibilities

  1. Software upgrade and loss of the SATA-port are independent and just coincide (e.g. actually caused by the reboot).
    Then it's a hardware / firmware issue.
  2. The software upgrade caused frying of the SATA-port or SSD.
    Then it's a firmware issue.
  3. It's a software (armbian) issue.

and would like to figure out which one holds and what to do about it.

  • Author

I tested the current (minimal) Ubuntu 22.04 image provided by the vendor and both ports work again. 🥳

 

It's an ancient 4.9 and Ubuntu is not my first choice but f*** it, it works. I rely on the NAS.

 

Case closed, Armbian dropped. Sorry 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Autic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.