Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

x86 USB drivers on ARM?

Featured Replies

Hello everyone!

I recently heard about running x86_64 programs on ARM using box64, and decided to give it a try. I get the impression that most people are just using it for games but I would like to use it to run Quartus (a program to work with Intel FPGAs). The issue I see is getting the USB drivers to work. Quartus includes drivers for several programming cables (I am only interested in the USB blaster cable), and as far as I know there are no drives available that run on ARM. Is there any hope at all of getting the x86 drivers to work on ARM?

 

Thanks in advance.

Solved by schwar3kat

  • Solution

I don't know the answer, but I suspect that there could be issues with built in drivers. The software might just be too complex for box86.  Is an Arm version available?

Have you set up the udev rules as per Intel instructions? 
There could also be dependency issues.

You don't mention your board or the Armbian image, but have you had this running on the equivalent Debian/Ubuntu version on an x86_64 machine, and what did you have to do to make it work.

Debian complexities:
http://fpgacpu.ca/fpga/debian.html
Ubuntu complexities:

 https://www.alteraforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22481

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.