Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Odroid N2 - Bullseye images not booting from eMMC except for first release (21.08.1 - 5.10.60)

Featured Replies

Hello,

 

I was running OpenMediaVault on Armbian Buster some time ago and after an update (I suppose) the system would not boot normally anymore.

Had to move places shortly after that, so the board stayed in a box for about a year and now I would like to put it back into service.

 

A Bullseye image is required for OMV 6, so I went to the website and downloaded the latest image for my Odroid N2 board :

Armbian_23.02.2_Odroidn2_bullseye_current_6.1.11.img.xz

I then flashed the 16GB eMMC and plugged it in ... no boot (fixed red led / no network)

If I do the same with an SDCard, it boots up normally (blinking blue led / working SSH)

 

 

So I tried older images, just in case something went wrong somewhere in time with kernels or u-boot.

The only one I found in the archive that boots up normally is the very first Bullseye image available :

Armbian_21.08.1_Odroidn2_bullseye_current_5.10.60.img.xz

If I then update the system (apt update && apt upgrade) it no longer boots (led stays red like with later images).

 

 

Oddly it also works if I try the latest Bookworm image :

Armbian_23.05.0-trunk-369e69a55_Odroidn2_bookworm_current_6.1.22_minimal.img.xz

But sadly this will not work out of the box to install OMV 6 as it needs Bullseye.

So I edited the install script to bypass the requirement, but at some point it can't get a package :

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
php-pam : Depends: phpapi-20190902 but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

So no dice ...

 

 

Could someone please enlighten me as to what is happening here ?

1 час назад, Kahana82 сказал:

I then flashed the 16GB eMMC and plugged it in ... no boot (fixed red led / no network)

If I do the same with an SDCard, it boots up normally (blinking blue led / working SSH)

 

There should be a switch on this device to select the download option. Are you using it?

  • Author

If what you mean is the SPI switch, then yes I think I know my way around the boot sequence with it :

Left = Petitboot

Right = eMMC / SD-Card (if no eMMC)

 

So when I said that (what you quoted) I meant that I'm plugging in the either the eMMC or the SD-Card, never both and SPI switch to the right.

 

 

Anyway we're a few hours later and I managed to get it running and up to date by :

This time the system restarted normally and now I'm greeted with:

Welcome to Armbian 23.02.2 Bullseye with Linux 6.1.11-meson64

So all is good and well I suppose...

 

Thanks for helping out :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.