Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OMV Wireguard plugin Breaking Armbian

Featured Replies

I’m assuming this is to do with the kernel but otherwise have no idea.

 

I’ve had no problems with this Wireguard plugin on a 32bit Libre Bullseye install on a Renegade but was unable to get 64bit Bullseye to accept login creds so opted for Armbian. Now unable to use the plugin at all.

 

Anyone have any ideas? I’ve tried the 6.1.11 edge kernel but Wireguard broke this too. Not sure what else to try. Attempted to get Libre kernels to load without success - way above my skillset for now.

 

TIA

Solved by 0jay

  • Author

Thanks Igor, I've posted up a question in the OMV forum.

 

I just thought it was likely to do with the older kernel but I guess given it's breaking the 6.1.11 kernel too it might be a bit more complicated.

 

Armbian runs so much better than the Libre builds btw, thanks for your work.

51 minutes ago, 0jay said:

I just thought it was likely to do with the older kernel but I guess given it's breaking the 6.1.11 kernel too it might be a bit more complicated.


Purely blind speculation. The problem could be as we are providing Wireguard module and tools by default, while OMV could be trying to install dkms package which re-compiles it on demand ... 

  • Author

The problem could be as we are providing Wireguard module and tools by default


Ahh ok, so would you think it might help for me to uninstall those Armbian packages before attempting an install of the plugin?

I guess it might be best to leave it until there’s an Armbian kernel update but I’m a bit of a dog with a bone when there’s a puzzle to solve
  • Author
this should be determined by someone that is closer to OMV. More looks like a bug in their modules as they should cover such case / circumstances.

Ok, thanks again for your input.

I’ll follow up in the OMV forums.
  • Author
  • Solution

In case anyone has a similar problem, the plugin depends on the wireguard meta package and on a 6.x kernel and headers (at least the >5.5 kernels I tried were unstable except the 6.1.11).

 

So unfreeze in armbian-config and select the 6.1.11 kernel, apt install linux-headers-edge-rockchip64 to install the headers then manually install the wireguard meta package then OMV from there.

 

Thanks for your time Igor.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.