Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How do I change a kernel option?

Featured Replies

I am unable to configure Xorg to ignore (and stop using as its default) the None-1 video device causing me not to be able to display a desktop via the HMDI-1-1 device.

 

It has been suggested (https://ubuntu-mate.community/t/how-to-configure-xorg/26732/3) that I disable this device in the kernel, hopefully, via a kernel option such as :

 

video=None-1:d

 

Does anyone know where (which file) and how (specific method) I should do this?

  • Author

So I edited the boot.cmd file and added this line after each of the setenv bootarg ... lines :

setenv bootargs "${bootargs}
video=None-1:d"

 

recompiled with

sudo mkimage -C none -A arm -T script -d /boot/boot.cmd /boot/boot.scr

 

checked the lines had made it to boot.scr and rebooted.

 

But the None-1 video device still persists and xrandr still shows that device is being used by Xorg!!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.