Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

GPIO Interrupt

Featured Replies

Hello!

 

I am looking to set up edge monitoring for both rising and falling edges. I can monitor either individually but I cannot activate both edges. I receive:

genirq: setting trigger mode 3 for irq 36 failed (meson_gpio_irq_set_type+0x0/0x60)

 

I have attempted to use mraa-gpio, gpiod, and sysfs all with the same result.

I'm on a Radxa Zero running Armbian 23.5 Jammy (Kernel 6.1.y). Interestingly if I attempt to run Manjaro on this board I can interface with the pins to get the values and set direction but I have no edge detection. Is the GPIO driver in Armbian patched for Amlogic Meson G12A?

 

Hoping I'm posting in the right place! I may cross-post to be sure.

 

Thanks!

Solved by prozac

1 hour ago, prozac said:

Is the GPIO driver in Armbian patched for Amlogic Meson G12A?


Sources are here https://github.com/armbian/build Take a look.

 

1 hour ago, prozac said:

I may cross-post to be sure.

 

To be sure to be ignored? Your second identical post was deleted as its obviously against the rules. This is community forum, not a satisfaction machinery or customer support mixed with forums (Radxa, Odroid, ...). You are not our customer, Armbian community or maintainers owes you nothing. Here we help each other. How you can help? Be different. Look around if you can help someone ... or act shocked on my patronising. Welcome! 🙃 

  • Author

Edit: Yes I completely understand and that was not my intent! First post and was unsure about where best to post. Thanks!

 

I was looking and couldn't quickly discern the differences in the meson, pnctrl, and gpio changes. I'll keep at it

Edited by prozac

  • Author

Looks like the board I'm using does not support both edge interrupts so it's a non-starter. I am looking to get around this with polling but the work continues!

  • Author
  • Solution

I decided to introduce an Arduino Pro Mini in the mix. It interfaces with the GPIO inputs and passes that data on to the UART pins.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.