Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cannot boot since update to Linux 6.1.11-meson64

Featured Replies

Hello,

 

I recently updated my N2 server from Bullseye to Bookworm. Reboot went fine. I then noticed I still had the old kernel from the linux-image-odroidn2 package (4.9.190-odroidn2), so I ran armbian-config, and told it to switch to linux-image-current-meson64. It installed packages for a bit, then rebooted on its own without asking. Since then, every boot is stuck with a U-boot logo at the top right of the screen.

 

What I tried:

 

  • Fixed a couple of issues in /boot (zImage was a symlinked to the old `vmlinuz-4.9.190-odroidn2` that no longer existed, I made it point to `vmlinuz-6.1.11-meson64` instead; `boot.ini` referred to `boot/dtb/amlogic/meson64_odroidn2.dtb` instead of `boot/dtb/amlogic/meson-g12b-odroid-n2.dtb`).
  • Chrooted from a working sdcard to run `apt reinstall linux-image-current-meson64 linux-u-boot-odroidn2-current` (with /dev /sys /proc bind-mounted)
  • Restored from a backup (before the kernel update)
  • Copied all of /boot from a working N2 sdcard to this one.

 

However, booting from another sdcard on the same board still works.

 

Any idea what I can do next to fix this sdcard?

 

Thank you for your help

Edited by val

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.