October 3, 20233 yr Hello, I installed 2022-09-27-Armbian_22.11.0-trunk_jammy_edge_lubuntu_5.19.6-qt5-swap-bpi-p2z-10804MB.img on my Banana Pi Zero and it works great! I run sudo apt update , sudo apt upgrade ... Hours later, time to reboot. The board reboots and crashes.. See pic. Hmmm can't attach pics for some reason. First error I see on the screen says Failed to load '/boot/dtb/sun8i-h2-plus-bananapi-p2-zero.dtb libfdt fdt_check_header(): FDT_ERR_BADMAGIC No FDT memory address configured. Please configure the FDT address via "fdt addr <address>" command. Aborting! Then a bunch of other errors ERROR: Did not find a cmdline Flattened Device Tree Could not find a valid device tree Script failures.. No ethernet found.. Eventually => Also had some fun fixing the github public key before I was able to do apt update. Edited October 3, 20233 yr by Eddiie
October 3, 20233 yr 3 hours ago, Eddiie said: The board reboots and crashes https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started/#how-to-check-download-authenticity
October 4, 20233 yr Could you please confirm your device? I see the error message is for bananapi p2 zero, but you have reported it with bananapi m2 zero tag. I don't see any patches or config file for p2 zero. Could you please share the link for the image you installed?
October 4, 20233 yr @Eddiie Found the image you mentioned on https://wiki.banana-pi.org/Banana_Pi_BPI-P2_Zero page. Seems to me a third party created image. I don't see the board config for p2 zero in Armbian/build repository, so I am not sure if we ever supported this board. Not sure why the third party image contained Armbian repository urls as that would for sure break the board on upgrade.
December 31, 20232 yr I am having the exact same issues. Did you fix this by using the M2 zero armbian image? Or some other way?
December 31, 20232 yr Answering my question for others... - install latest M2 zero image from armbian website - it will come with ethernet disabled by default as the m2 zero doesn't have an ethernet port. To enable - make this file somewhere on your computer and follow the instructions to enable: - https://lisy.dev/swrep/BananaPI/m2-zero-eth0.dts
December 31, 20232 yr @sagard , you can combine dts compilation, copying and then editing of armbianEnv.txt into single command - armbian-add-overlay <dts_file_name>
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.