Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sun4i-GPADC causes high system load

Featured Replies

When testing my most recent builds using the Armbian build framework I found that I was experiencing a constant load greater than 1.00. At first, I thought this is probably normal to have a load during the system boot but after waiting over 10 minutes I found that the load did not decrease. Firstly, I used HTOP but could not find a process that was heavy utilising the CPU with the relative CPU usage show as low. Next I tried using TOP which revealed a process called kworker: freezeable_power. Trying to search for the issue I did not find much until I came across this old forum post that described the same issues I was having:

 

https://forum.armbian.com/topic/7575-k-worker-problem-on-a20-based-boards/page/2/

 

Sure enough, removing the sun4i-gpadc caused the average system load to drop and even relative CPU usage dropped to around 1% utilisation rather than the usual idling around 20 – 25%. The risk is losing the CPU temperature. Following the advice from the latest post I found that setting mode to disabled seemed to do the trick of bringing down the system load while retaining CPU temperature reading. I achieved this by modifying rc.local with the line:

 

Echo disabled > /sys/devices/virtual/thermal/thermal_zone1/mode

 

Admittedly this works reasonably well however it take around approximately 5 minutes for system load to drop down to a more expected 15% - 20% on idle. I am hoping that someone with an understanding of the touchscreen control on the A10/A20 may be able to provide a fix as this out of my depth with my current knowledge.

 

Without rc.local edit:

load_no_fix.PNG.b4e5c61281de39cad198aa555c58276e.PNG

 

with rc.local edit:

load_fix.PNG.9e507774d2d1a8a649a740ec68bfd04c.PNG

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.