Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BananaPi Pro crash at shutdown/reboot with ARMBIAN 5.25 stable Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS 3.4.113-sun7i

Featured Replies

I tested the actual Xenial on my BPP but got a crashdump each time I reboot or shutdown the system.

I found, that armhwinfo was causing this crash by removing the module a20_tp.

Disabling the line

/sbin/modprobe -r $(cut -f1 -d' ' </proc/modules)

in /etc/init.d/armhwinfo avoid this problem.

This line is part of a patch Thomas Kaiser introduced in October last year.

I don't know, if this problem occurs only in my configuration (nothing special, but a connected Lemaker 5" LCD may be the difference), or it is related to the Kernel 3.4.113 only, but it goes reproducably wrong, if this line is active. It cause the oposite of the intention of this patch, because after the crash, the next module (sunxi_ir) is ending in a loop. So no sync is executed and the power stays on.

Without this line, all works well.

I think, the patch has to be patched again - don't touch a20_tp.

 

BR

Guido

I tested the actual Xenial on my BPP but got a crashdump each time I reboot or shutdown the system.

I found, that armhwinfo was causing this crash by removing the module a20_tp.

Disabling the line

/sbin/modprobe -r $(cut -f1 -d' ' </proc/modules)

in /etc/init.d/armhwinfo avoid this problem.

 

I have the same problem with 3.4.113 on a pdDuino2 and this resolved it. Thanks for the work-around.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.