Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chips with supported video acceleration

Featured Replies

Hello, I find armbian awesome and my problem is because of the manufacurers. 

I basically want to play accelerated video (because I need 4k).

 

I tried amlogic, but it is not still supported (https://linux-meson.com/hardware.html) the status is partial for the chips I tried. I don't what "partial" means but I can hardware decoding.

I also tried allwinner, several chips. In this page https://linux-sunxi.org/Sunxi-Cedrus I see that it is supported but I tried with new kernels, old kernels... Nothing worked. I always reach a point that stops me (like segmentation fault when loading sunxi modules, system freeze when using vdpau, compilation errors due incompatibility between version...)

I was thinking of try some rockchip but I think that I will suffer the same pain so this is why I want to ask you guys because I am a bit lost and I am starting to think that everything I try is worthless. 

 

Can someone bring me some light? Any tip about what chips are more "friendly" with video acceleration and, if mainline kernel or not, player to use... All the documentation/posts I found are outdated or incomplete and this is the reason I am writing this post, because I am not able to find more information.

 

I know that the manufacturers does not help and everything we have is due the awesome work of the community. It is complicated stuff. Any kind of information will be very helpful.

 

Thanks

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.