Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Feedback (not requested) for WIP images for unsupported board (Orange Pi 2G-IOT)

Featured Replies

Hi there i just receive this promissing board. I update the armbian build tree and it appears on WIP. I tried to build the image but it fails on kernel building (a missing .config file), how can i help you to quick test the board?

I am using armbian wip config to build .

 

Please correct me and guide. ignore if it sound no sense.

 

uboot and kernel able to find both on board stoarge and sd card ( evo 16gb) . find below given boot and dmesg snippet.

 

Boot log : 

NAND:  metal 28 hwcfg 4286, use eMMC, skip nand init
0 MiB
MMC:   MMC: registered mmc interface 0
Cannot find the emmc corresponding mclk adj and inv.Now use default zero. Please add it
MMC: registered mmc interface 1
ERROR: v7_dcache_inval_range - stop address is not aligned - 0x8dae6aa8
-----------------------------------------
MMC: 0, MMC: 1

dmesg o/p :

[    4.468566] mmc1: card claims to support voltages below the defined range. These will be ignored.
[    4.479980] mmc1: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0x10 (5 bytes)
[    4.481994] rda-mmc rda-mmc.1: set clk = 20000000, bus_clk = 200000000, divider = 4
[    4.482055] rda-mmc rda-mmc.1: set bus_width = 4
[    4.482116] mmc1: queuing unknown CIS tuple 0x10 (5 bytes)
[    4.482482] mmc1: new SDIO card at address 4829
 

RDA8810 has in built toshiba slc 1.8v nand . RDA8810 kerenel needs the patch for 3.10.62 

I am learning to hack and not sure how to patch for 3.10.62.

https://lkml.org/lkml/2007/3/16/437

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/222186/

https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/7467351/

 

 

 Thanks to the help of the community We have managed to activate the NAND in linux and now the partitions denoted to Android are shown like this:

 

Disk /dev/mtdblock0: 24 MiB, 25165824 bytes, 49152 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes

[................................
..................................]

Disk /dev/mtdblock4: 280 MiB, 293601280 bytes, 573440 sectors
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes


I have compiled armbian community version (WIP) for Opi IoT 2G, I would like to know if it is possible to install armbian in NAND memory.

We have a total of 512MB of NAND, it is little but I think enough to incorporate a small Linux distribution (eg armbian) .

I have seen that the armbian script to install on the NAND (nand-sata-install.sh) looks in /dev/nand, but the IoT 2G Opi does not have this device. Is it possible

to remove the NAND disk (in Disk /dev/mtdblock0...4) from this card and create a /dev/nand device of 512mb?
Thank you

We are already a few users of this board. We believe that it already has enough potential for support. I myself have managed to install armbian W.I.P, community on the 512mb of NAND of this card and works well.

Thanks

armbian.JPG

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.