Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Loader

Featured Replies

Hi all

 

I need to develop a customized application on the OrangePi that uses this Allwinner H3 chip. So everything about this is the standard Armbian, with one change- I need to add security code into the loader to secure the board

 

Prior to this I have only ever developed superloop C code on processors such as these i.e. no OS present. In those cases we had the development tools from the vendor or a JTAG probe.

 

What I need to do is I need to customize the loader code to do certain security tasks. My question is, where is this loader sitting? (presumably its in the FLASH), and, is its source part of this distribution?
Also, when they make these boards, how do they install these loaders onto the blank boards?

 

It would be most useful if I could know what happens after CPU reset- I presume the CPU starts booting from the FLASH and then executes the loader found there. Initially a JTAG tool is required to put this loader on the board presumably?

 

 

  • Author

Thanks for the info- I spoke to Steven at OrangePi and he explained to me how this works in much detail which also confirms that secure boot is a WIP.
In the meantime, until it works (and when it does I will be eagerly ready to try it), we will enclose the device in a steel box, until at least Linux is booted and we can run our own security apps and daemons.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.