Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"CAP_SYS_MODULE (deprecated)" error in dmesg output

Featured Replies

I have a Banana PI M1+ with latest Armbian Jessie with 3.4.109 kernel.

The dmesg contains many rows like this ones

...
[ 1468.309084] Loading kernel module for a network device with CAP_SYS_MODULE (deprecated).  Use CAP_NET_ADMIN and alias netdev- instead.
...
...
[ 2779.128724] Loading kernel module for a network device with CAP_SYS_MODULE (deprecated).  Use CAP_NET_ADMIN and alias netdev- instead.
...

I tried to search on Google without success.

 

Can someone help me please?

 

Thanks.

  • Author

The system seems to work without problem.

This is the output of lsmod

root@bananapi:~# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
cpufreq_userspace       3524  0
spidev                  6366  0
a20_tp                  3365  0
8021q                  18593  0
garp                    6072  1 8021q
stp                     2032  1 garp
llc                     5365  2 stp,garp
sunxi_ir                4037  0
hidp                   17640  0
rfcomm                 58686  0
hci_uart               25000  0
bluetooth             264185  5 hidp,hci_uart,rfcomm

It happens after login in graphical environment (XFCE). I have checked dmesg with putty from another computer, and no such row until login. So I analyzed better my desktop, and I found out the problem: Network Monitor Applet (added by me together with other applets). I removed it and the message disappeared.

 

Problem solved. Thanks for support.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.