September 17, 20242 yr In my quest to use an ODROID N2 as a time server, I had to figure out how to enable UART_EE_A. Device trees for other boards sometimes enable UART A in the base device tree but the ODROID N2/N2+ does not. I am not sure why device trees don't fully define devices like UART_A and then just leave them disabled instead of partially defining them with missing "pinctrl" entries (as in the N2 device tree). Anyway, I've attached `meson-g12b-odroid-uart-ee-a.dtso` as an example of how to enable UART_EE_A. Additionally: The DT overlays for Meson UARTs (e.g. `/boot/dtb/amlogic/overlay/meson-uartA.dtbo`) are not compatible with the N2. It's a source of confusion for new users. I noticed a problem in the current `armbian-config` scripting. I originally named the overlay as `meson-g12b-odroid-uartA` but selecting it would also enable `meson-uartA`. Probably a regexp/sed issue. meson-g12b-odroid-uart-ee-a.dtso
September 18, 20242 yr Author The PPS (`pps-gpio` driver) overlay is attached. meson-g12-pps-gpiox-16.dtso
September 24, 20242 yr To activate the /dev/ttyAML1 overlay I did execute the following commands: dtc -O dtb -o meson-g12b-odroid-uart-ee-a.dtbo meson-g12b-odroid-uart-ee-a.dtso mv meson-g12b-odroid-uart-ee-a.dtbo /boot/dtb/amlogic/overlay vim /boot/armbianEnv.txt overlay_prefix=meson overlays=g12b-odroid-uart-ee-a Is this the correct way? Thank you.
September 24, 20242 yr Author Yes, that looks right to me. Note that I built these overlays in the Armbian build. But I just compiled the .dtso locally and byte-compared it to the Armbian built overlay and they match. Once you place the overlay into `/boot/dtb/amlogic/overlay` you should be able to enable it via the `armbian-config` tool or just use the `armbian-add-overlay` command which automagically adds the overlay to `/boot/overlay-user`. Some more info here too. Edited September 24, 20242 yr by allanmac Typo
January 19Jan 19 Hallo, in want to start with odroid n2+ to organize a PV System with smart-power-meter(s) ... To reduce th amount of components I want to use min. 2x UART's from the odroid (without using the console port) + RS485 Transceiver(s) ... I understand that your dtbo file add support for the Uart's of the 40 pin Socket ! ? After upgrading to linux kernel-6.18.5 i need such a dtbs / dtb0 file... Where can I download these files atually ? Bye
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.