Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OP Zero, Audio record latency

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

I got a problem with orange pi zero and audio record latency.

What I try to do is to record the audio on orange pi zero, send data to my phone and play it here, but the delay is big(around ~1-1.5s) that's is quite a lot. I've tested it for a few days now and I am sure the delay is on the device. What is interesting sending audio the other way(phone->orange pi zero) has no delay at all(~0.1s).

First I tried to use Qt(5.9) and QAudioInput, now I switched to alsa libraries but no results.
I also tried to use command line to check this

arecord | aplay

but still I can hear the delay.

 

Is there any way to decrease the latency?
 

Thanks for help in advance.

  • Author

I've compiled RT kernel, is there any way I can confirm that it works?

And how can I advantage from RT kernel?

That's the version:

3.4.113-rt143-sun8i

 

2 minutes ago, kolegs said:

I've compiled RT kernel, is there any way I can confirm that it works?

And how can I advantage from RT kernel?


Sorry, don't work with RT much and officially we don't provide RT kernel, so I moved this topic out from technical support area. Perhaps some other RT / audio expert could provide you more help on this topic.

  • Author

I was wondering if I need RT kernel anyway, since I don't need latency at the level of 10ms, I just want to make P2P connection and send audio data online to talk, so the latency at the level of 0.5s are acceptable. But I am not sure where can I look for an answer.

 

EDIT:

I tried to set buffer to smaller and it works. Need to port it to my software.

arecord -B 320 | aplay -B 320

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.