Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do we have armbian for Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC HDK 8550/SM8550/sm8x50

Featured Replies

Hi, all

I have a development kit board Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC HDK 8550/SM8550/sm8x50.

As understand it's more smartphone.

Do we have support from Armbian for this board ?

If so, can you provide me some info how to install it on sm8550 ?

Currently, sm8550 has only fastboot and some AOSP images (u-boot, boot etc)

Solved by Igor

  • Author

Yeah, I expected it. 
About the link - thanks, I saw this link. After I've found this link I decided to ask about some specific release for sm8550.

 

Sad news but thanks

Edited by Sergey Black

3 hours ago, Sergey Black said:

Sad


Our sadness is in different dimension as we are wasting our private time to support your hobby :) mixed with business in exchange for mixture of bad. SW maintenance is never complete due to extreme complexity and constant (mainline Linux) changes.

 

4 hours ago, Sergey Black said:

from Armbian


Supporting another hardware is a question of tens of hundreds of thousands of USD, not something we could finance out of what we get from users that will later just make more support expenses - most of questions is impossible to answer without deep and time expensive dive-in. This is custom hardware Linux world where manufacturers have little interest, especially this manufacturer, that you run anything else then what they provide (locked down). Mainlining of this SoC is often done without any documentation, assistance or support of manufacturer and hw dealers.


I hope those links will provide you some guidance. Can't help more then this. Or to tell how big is the difference between sm8250, which this is for, and sm8550. Usually not much.

  • Author

I'm fully appreciate your time and efforts to support. Personally, I couldn’t make the same like you guys. I mean spending additional time to support something. Fully understand. 

 

I've just a newbie in that works. I mean in installation Linux to a kind of smartphone device.
Just trying to understand that possible and that not for this device. Kind of rump uping stage :)

Thanks a lot and thanks for your time. 

Edited by Sergey Black

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.