Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Problems with armbian coding.

Featured Replies

Hello everyone,

I’m a complete beginner and have very little programming knowledge. However, I decided to build a MagicMirror as a project.

For this, I got a BananaPi M2 Berry and installed what I believe is an Armbian operating system on it. Then I downloaded the corresponding packages for the MagicMirror from GitHub.

Everything worked so far—though it was quite challenging—and I even managed to personalize each module. But now I have two problems:

I want the MagicMirror to stay in portrait mode permanently. However, after a while (about 30 minutes), the screen automatically switches back to landscape mode and opens a new window of the “Display” application every time.

I tried adjusting the “xrandr” code to define the orientation (it keeps portrait mode when starting up at least).

In the “Display” application, I selected “Do nothing” under the detection of a new display.

I searched through Armbian’s default codes to see if there’s a line or file that forces rotation, but I couldn’t find anything.

I reinstalled Armbian without MagicMirror but had the same problem, so I can at least rule out that it’s caused by the MagicMirror package.

I would like Armbian or the MagicMirror to switch off (or be off) between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m., so the light doesn’t bother me at night.

I added this to the code for the various modules in the config/config.js file.

I tested different time settings like “23 0 * * *” and “0 23 * * *”.

However, the show/hide function didn’t work.

The second issue is only of secondary importance, but I’d still appreciate any ideas. The first issue really bothers me, and I hope there’s a genius out there who knows this problem or how to fix it. If someone can only resolve it with direct instructions, I’m also open to exchanging contacts.

I’m grateful for any help I can get. Thank you all very much in advance.

Best regards,
Sasha

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.