Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

VNC Server on OrangePi Zero 2W

Featured Replies

I recently installed the latest Armbian Ubuntu 24.04 Desktop on an OrangePi Zero 2W and I have tried to follow many tutorials from various sites, but I cannot get a VNC server to work. Can somebody help me?

 

Armbian image: Armbian_community_25.5.0-trunk.87_Orangepizero2w_noble_current_6.6.72_gnome_desktop.img

Solved by Igor

On a headless machine, I use Xvfb (a virtual display server) and x11vnc to enable remote access. Here's what works for me:

 

Xvfb :1 -screen 0 1280x720x16 &
DISPLAY=:1 startx &
x11vnc -display :1 -rfbport 5900 -forever &
 

Make sure you have Xvfb and x11vnc installed!

 

Xvfb :1 -screen 0 1280x720x16 → Starts a virtual display at :1 with a resolution of 1280x720 and 16-bit color depth.

DISPLAY=:1 startx → Starts the X session using the virtual display.

x11vnc -display :1 -rfbport 5900 -forever → Starts the VNC server on display :1, keeping the session active after disconnects.

 

 

  • Author

Thank you both very much. Pardon the delay; I hadn't seen any notifications in my email but I just logged back into the forum. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.