Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Orange Pi Lite - I2S - audio ?

Featured Replies

I have a question, does anyone know a method to start
in the Opi Lite system the I2S audio interface and in particular I mean the module: PCM5102 / PCM5102a
On my old OrangePi Lite board, sound and audio in the configuration as mentioned above really work great ... but unfortunately the Armbian system that I use is no longer supported. This is the Ubuntu version (xenial) and kernel: 3.4.113-sun8i, I managed to update some programs important to me, e.g. mpd / mpc but not to the latest versions. I also have another version of OrangePI 3 LTS and I know that on this model it is rather impossible to start I2S + PCM5102 so I used a good sound card under USB and it is OK. However, I think that it should be possible on the Pi Lite? so far I have tried such a howto ... but without success.
 

armbian-add-overlay sun8i-h3-I2S-out.dts

entry in the file sun8i-h3-I2S-out.dts :

/dts-v1/;
/plugin/;

/ {
	compatible = "allwinner,sun8i-h3";

 	fragment@0 { 
 		target-path = "/"; 
 		__overlay__ { 
			pcm5102a: pcm5102a {
			#sound-dai-cells = <0>;
			compatible = "ti,pcm5102a";
			pcm510x,format = "i2s";
			};
 		}; 
 	}; 

	fragment@1 {
		target = <&i2s0>;
		__overlay__ {
			status = "okay";
			pinctrl-0 = <&i2s0_pins>;
			sound-dai = <&pcm5102a>;
			pinctrl-names = "default";
		};
	};

	fragment@2 {
		target-path = "/";
		__overlay__ {
			sound_i2s {
				compatible = "simple-audio-card";
				simple-audio-card,name = "I2S-master";
				simple-audio-card,mclk-fs = <256>;
				simple-audio-card,format = "i2s";
		                status = "okay";

				simple-audio-card,cpu {
					sound-dai = <&i2s0>;
				};

				simple-audio-card,codec {
					sound-dai = <&pcm5102a>;
				};
			};
		};
	};
};

and an additional entry in the armbianEnv.txt file : 

user_overlays=sun8i-h3-I2S-out

I once did it according to another tutorial but it was on the old Ubuntu Xenial system

https://www.dimdim.gr/2016/12/orange-pi-one-lite-as-music-streamers-part-2/

 

It would be useful to update the system and kernel after a dozen or so years 🙂

Edited by kris777

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.