Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nextcloud docker access file system. How?

Featured Replies

Hello. I am a new user of the armbian. I installed nextcloud from armbian-config. Need docker to have access to the file system. I want to place the nextcloud files in the home directory, which is mounted on another partition. I don't understand how to give docker access to my file system.  I didn't find the necessary setting in armbian-config. I'm stuck on initial setup

Edited by konsD

Solved by Michael Robinson

21 hours ago, konsD said:

I want to place the nextcloud files in the home directory, which is mounted on another partition

 

By default we mount all containers (data and config) folders under /armbian which has rights of 1st normal user of the OS - most expected use case scenario. If you want more complex deployment, you need to create your own Docker run / compose and mount containers folder elsewhere or try to bind mount what you need - on the OS level. Armbian-config is designed for inexperienced Linux users that would likely use default setup scenario. We purpusefully don't allow too many config options which would be confusing or / and would require additional learning in the process of installation.

 

If you want to do it more on your own, please check this article https://docs.linuxserver.io/images/docker-nextcloud/ This is the fundation behind armbian-config way.

  • Author

It may be possible to change the mount parameters of an already installed docker container. Is it possible to add mount options?

Not via armbian-config. This is just a very simply way to do an initial setup. Here is the code that basically happens behind the scenes:

https://github.com/armbian/configng/blob/main/tools/modules/software/module_nextcloud.sh

So nothing fancy. just a docker run command.

 

I personally prefer using docker-compose.yml instead of endless docker commands. Stuff is well-arranged and after adjusting like mounts down, up and ready to go.

As mentioned above for customized installation please refer to the origin of the nextcloud container linuxserver.io. I am pretty sure they have examples for docker compose as well.

  • Author
3 часа назад, Werner сказал:

Not via armbian-config

I understand that. It can probably be done with /lib/systemd/system/docker.service?

I used to install the nextcloud manually, but it was very tedious.

I don't know docker at all, so I have difficulties with it

Where can I see the error logs?

 

Снимок экрана_20250312_223844.png

Снимок экрана_20250312_224458.png

  • Author
13.03.2025 в 03:55, Michael Robinson сказал:

portainer

Thank you! This is what I needed. Easy to set up.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.