Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Adventures with Armbian (XFCE) on Pinebook Pro

Featured Replies

Hi

Yesterday I spend the whole day to install Armbian Desktop (XFCE) on my Pinebook Pro.

Why Armbian ?

The PBP was delivered with Manjaro Arm on it. Everything worked fine until Manjaro stopped support for the Arm platform.

For about one year there is no update on stable and the unstable branch couldn't establish a connection to Wifi.

I used Manjaro Arm to install tow-boot to the SPI following this website:

https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=17529

 I downloaded the current Bookworm XFCE edition and wrote that to an SD card.

Booting from the SD with tow-boot went fine. I installed armbian on the SD card and used armbian-config to install

it on the internal eMMC.

That didn't work.

fsarchiver to the rescue !

I created a GPT partition table on the internal disk, created two partitions with the correct flags and restored

both partitions from the SD saved with fsarchiver to the internal disk.

Booting went fine from the internal disk after that.

Now I am fighting with firefox ("Can't read configuration file - contact your systemadministrator") and the nextcloud client.

I can't add a online account anywhere. The application starts up but there is no button execpt (Information about ...)

which shows the supported clients a.o. Owncloud (which will work with nextcloud) but there is no way to add an account.

I'll open other posts to track that.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.