Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A couple of basic questions on image customization

Featured Replies

1) What is the correct way to make kernel configuration changes?

I have attempted to:

./compile.sh BOARD=bananapim4zero BRANCH=edge kernel-config

saved config,. and then

./compile.sh BOARD=bananapim4zero BRANCH=edge kernel

However,after installing the kernel I found the config changes were not applied.

I then reran:

./compile.sh BOARD=bananapim4zero BRANCH=edge kernel-config

and I see that the config changes I made have been reverted.

 

2) How to clean the kernel and force a rebuild?

I tried

./compile.sh BOARD=bananapim4zero BRANCH=edge  CLEAN_LEVEL="make-kernel" kernel

 

But the kernel was not cleaned, nor rebuilt.

 

Thank you!

  • Author

Understood. Thank you.  When I follow that procedure, config settings are set to "Y" after I've explicitly set them to "N".

 

After doing a kernel-config

 

[🐳|🌱] Exporting new kernel defconfig [ /armbian/output/config/linux-sunxi64-edge.config ]
[🐳|🔨]   'defconfig' -> '/armbian/output/config/linux-sunxi64-edge.config'
[🐳|🌱] Exporting new kernel config - git commit pending [ /armbian/userpatches/linux-sunxi64-edge.config ]
[🐳|🔨]   'defconfig' -> '/armbian/userpatches/linux-sunxi64-edge.config'

 

$ cat output/config/linux-sunxi64-edge.config | grep CGROUP
[no output]
$ diff output/config/linux-sunxi64-edge.config userpatches/linux-sunxi64-edge.config
[no output]

 

 

Then I build the kernel, install it, and on the board:

 

zcat /proc/config.gz |grep CGROUP_SC
CONFIG_CGROUP_SCHED=y

 

 

After reviewing the kernel build output:

less -RS output/logs/log-kernel-7c3cd346-d31c-4166-9dc2-4f5c9c641554.log.ans

 

--> (13) COMMAND: ./scripts/config --enable CGROUP_BPF
--> (13) COMMAND: ./scripts/config --enable CGROUP_CPUACCT
--> (13) COMMAND: ./scripts/config --enable CGROUP_DEVICE
--> (13) COMMAND: ./scripts/config --enable CGROUP_FREEZER
--> (14) COMMAND: ./scripts/config --enable CGROUP_HUGETLB
--> (14) COMMAND: ./scripts/config --enable CGROUP_NET_CLASSID
--> (14) COMMAND: ./scripts/config --enable CGROUP_NET_PRIO
--> (14) COMMAND: ./scripts/config --enable CGROUP_PERF
--> (14) COMMAND: ./scripts/config --enable CGROUP_PIDS
--> (14) COMMAND: ./scripts/config --enable CGROUP_SCHED
--> (14) COMMAND: ./scripts/config --enable CGROUPS

 

Something has enabled everything I said I wanted disabled. 

 

When configuring the kernel subsequent times, these items are enabled again as well.

 

 

Edited by jgauthier

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.