Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

PiRogue installation for NanoPI_R4S problems

Featured Replies

I would like to create Lab with PiRogue and add suricata custom rules for Pegasus attack preventions: https://pts-project.org/guides/g7/ 

 

I would like to use internal PiRogue_VPN_server and add additional 3x-ui or S-ui server with xray-vless-realty as second layer because mobile operators or internet providers from specific country like RU or CN may block simple wireguard proto, this will be looks like:
NanoPI_R4S with [ PiRogue(internal_wireuard) -> XRAY_server(xray-vless-realty) ] -> Android Phone with XRAY client(xray-vless-realty) and host level firewall that will be forward all mobile trafic to the VPN client

 

NanoPI + Arambian lasted with all updates

For PiRogue installation I use the instruction: https://pts-project.org/docs/pirogue/installation/

 

Step #1
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

Step #2
sudo apt-get install wget
sudo wget -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pirogue.list https://pts-project.org/debian-12/pirogue.list
sudo wget -O /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/pirogue.gpg   https://pts-project.org/debian-12/pirogue.gpg
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install pirogue-base

 

 

I have PiRogue's after installation message:
 

Quote

Job for dnsmasq.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status dnsmasq.service" and "journalctl -xeu dnsmasq.service" for details.


My currient problem is starting process of a dnsmasq.service on my NanoPI_R4S

Dears @Igor  @Werner could you pls help me or forward to nanopi r4s maintainer that may fix the prob

I alredy describe similar problems with "systemd-networkd-wait-online.service" in  my previos my topic, see link:

or

pirogue_log.txt

Solved by Igor

  • Solution
17 minutes ago, Superuser said:

forward to nanopi r4s maintainer that may fix the prob

 

From logs I can only conclude that problems are at your side - wrong configuration. Anyone can help you - problem is almost certainly not Armbian specific.

 

May 10 21:05:09 pirogue systemd-helper[8502]: dnsmasq: unknown interface end0
May 10 21:05:09 pirogue dnsmasq[8502]: unknown interface end0

 

I am not an expert of application you try to install, in fact I never heard about until now. 

  • Author
On 5/10/2025 at 10:09 PM, Igor said:
May 10 21:05:09 pirogue systemd-helper[8502]: dnsmasq: unknown interface end0

 

Everything is good, thanks for the help and sorry for confusion, I only should to change PiRogue default interface after installation, this is PiRogue interface detection problem...

Edited by Superuser

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.