Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Armbian Community Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Need Help with Ubuntu installation

Featured Replies

Hi to All , 

 

I have a google TV box HEVC H.265 S82 RAM 2GB ROM 8GB. I would like to install Ubuntu desktop / server  on it . Can Someone help me which link I have to go and download 

 

I need to install ubuntu server (make tv box a webserver) 

 

Best Regards, 

 

  • Author

I cannot get the firmware but I took pictures of the TV set-top box 

 

see the attach 

 

note : here is the link for more information about the device where I bought it from aliexpress

 

https://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6644935142.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.n9EH0r&orderId=67098069934974&productId=32293599803 

 

 

Best Regards, 

 

20170918_121320-1.jpg

20170918_121331-1.jpg

20170918_121344-1.jpg

20170918_121356-1.jpg

Edited by Mike smith

Hi, i have tried to install ubuntu on my h96 pro + tv box. It has s912 cpu with new mali 820, 3gb ram ddr4, 32 gb internal flash.
I have used the latest 9/7/2017 armbian-s912-ubuntu-xenial-3.14.29-mate on external sd card, but the gxm-q200-3g.dtb in the dtb's folder doesn't work.
Were can I get a suitable dtb file to match the right HW configuration on my device (assuming the armbian kernel version I have used does support it...)
I have tried the libreELEC-s912.arm-8.2-816 image, and succeded to boot successfully to kodi with the gxm-q200-k3-pro.dtb file, so I guess the kernel does support my hardware, but this dtb file doesn't help me boot ubuntu.
I will appreciate any help. Thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.